Second-hand furniture shops in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 6 July 2011 11.09pm
Hello,

I really want to find a decent second-hand furniture in SE1. In particular, a cheap and cheerful chest of drawers that I can repaint (without feeling like I've ruined a piece of history!). I know the British Heart Foundation shop on OKR but wondered if anyone knew of anything else.

Thanks everyone,

Nicky
Thursday 7 July 2011 10.06am
Have you thought of Freegle or Freecycle? I see chests of drawers all the time on there.
Thursday 7 July 2011 10.27am
think there's one under the arches on st thomas st - could be mainly office stuff though
Thursday 7 July 2011 1.04pm
Some of the larger charity shops down the Walworth road keep a bit of furniture, technically SE17 but still close enough.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 7 July 2011 1.29pm
Great suggestions - thank you!

Does anyone know anything about the second hand place in the Blue (next door to a pub)?

Thanks
Nicky
Thursday 7 July 2011 2.45pm
Furniture Mart
97 Kennington Lane
SE11 4HQ
Thursday 7 July 2011 3.38pm
shaggy wrote:
think there's one under the arches on st thomas st - could be mainly office stuff though

It certainly was office stuff, but I think it closed a while ago.
Monday 11 July 2011 6.40am
I don't know the name but there's a s/h shop at the corner of wyndham road and camberwell road SE5.
Monday 11 July 2011 11.36am
How about this?

It was posted on Southwark Freegle today and is in SE16. Described as tatty. You could join yourself or let me know if you want me to ask for it for you.
Monday 11 July 2011 1.03pm
Thank you! I joined Freegle on the recommendation of this forum and emailed the owner of the chest of drawers (after my friend in South Africa - an ex-SE1er alerted me to this post). Fingers crossed I get it!! Exactly what I'm looking for.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: