St George the Martyr clock out of sync

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 9 July 2011 7.44am
For a few weeks now, according to the Science Museum radiocontrolled clock I bought as a present for someone but liked it so much kept it for myself, (knew that would interest you!) the clock of St George the Martyr has been chiming 5/6 minutes fast. Passing by this morning the hands were showing 7:55am but it was chiming 8am. So as the clock has four faces and only one chime, can we say it is 80% wrong and 20% right, or 100% visibly wrong and 100% audibly right? Bacon under the grill so time on my hands.
Zoe
Saturday 9 July 2011 9.01am
I think you need to buy two more clocks, one for the original recepient and one for the vicar at St George the Martyr.

If they are running a buy two get one three, I'll have the third, it sounds a good clock.
Saturday 9 July 2011 10.54am
But Zoe you didn't spot the 'deliberate' error in my post. If the hands are right but the chime is wrong, then the clock is visibly right but audibly wrong. Did try to edit but timed out.
Blimey, I'm boring myself now
Saturday 9 July 2011 11.18am
How was the bacon?
Zoe
Saturday 9 July 2011 5.33pm
You're making me want to eat bacon now.

Perhaps it's an odd design feature, to chime slightly late.
Monday 11 July 2011 7.44am
at least we now have a clock face towards the east!
(dissenters and recusants refused to pay for same when the church was built and the clock remained blank until recently ...)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: