Shad Thames Pumping Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 9 July 2011 1.00pm
The proposal by Thames Water to possibly use the Shad Thames Pumping Station for the 'super sewer' has the interesting requirement to completely close all of Maguire Street and a stretch of Gainsford Street for a year or more!!
Saturday 9 July 2011 1.02pm
The man at the Thames Water exhibition told me that Maguire Street would only have to be closed for two months.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 9 July 2011 2.39pm
Even two months would be a long time for Browns to wait for breakfasts to arrive, or for me to wait after picking up my luggage from Tea Trade Wharf!!
Saturday 9 July 2011 4.24pm
But on the face of it this sounds a lot better than building a branch tunnel and closing the playground for 5 years.....
Saturday 9 July 2011 6.10pm
I agree with you, Brendan. Opening up Shad Thames to allow traffic to go west and turn down Curlew Street would seem to be a possibility. And I am sure they should be able to control noise to reasonable times and levels.
Tuesday 14 February 2012 9.44am
Hello everyone,

We're looking to buy a bigger property in the Shad Thames area (new baby!) but I'm concerned about the Thames Pumping Station works. I haven't been following it from the start so I'm trying to catch up but if anyone who is familiar with the latest news can give me a general idea, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically what I want to avoid is moving into a new home and finding ourselves in the middle of a stinky building site for 18 months! and/or realising that our property has lost value overnight etc...

Any advice, as always, greatly appreciated.
thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: