laying in hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 April 2002 10.22pm
can someone provide info / background / history to building and whats going to happen to it? Who owns it now?
jan
Wednesday 10 April 2002 6.37am
do you mean the General Lying In Hospital at Waterloo, it was especially for women giving birth as I recall - you had your baby - and true to the ideas of old - literally 'Lay' in bed for 2 weeks - not like now chuck you out after 24 hours...
Wednesday 10 April 2002 10.01pm
Pretty sure it is owneed by the St Thomas' Trust. As I recall about a year ago they objected to the first proposed Frogmore development on the County Hall Island site (Good question where is that now, and don't we all love that sign 'Frogmore - Regenerating Lambeth) because it was about six inches too wide and thus would prevent ambulance access to the Lying In Hospital, thus precluding future medical use for the site. Frogmore's plans have changed since then so presumably their objections were taken on board.
The St Thomas Foundation are proposing quite radical development of their property interests in the area. For an outsider it looks as if they are centering more on the Thomas' site and away from the Guy's. I guess will will all take a while, but presumably plans will incorporate this site.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: