simon hughes fighting our corner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 July 2011 7.42am
so simon is at it again with a colour sheet.
printed in e6, so no corner fighting for a local printer!
nothing about fees and 50% about council. simon, you left council over 30 years ago!
the council guff is of doubtful veracity - anyone feel like challenging an election result in 2015?
and before you start, not a labour party member - currently!
Thursday 14 July 2011 12.15pm
I guess Hughes fears he will be swept away at the next election in a tide of anti-Lib Dem feeling so is putting out all these publications does anyone actually read them?) and cant really attack the government of which his party is a member so turns on the body that is having to implement the cuts introduced by his government - Southwark Council.

Talking of Hughes I wouldnt be surprised if he decides to retire before the next election rather than lose. He is 60ish now and has been an MP for almost 30 years so could go out as an elder statesman rather than an election loser. With this in mind maybe Pigeon (http://www.carolinepidgeon.org/) will put herself forward as candidate - shes certainly positioning herself well.
Thursday 14 July 2011 2.00pm
i agree simon85 that a hughes 'retirement' is on the cards (although he should be sensible and not flag it a la blair). the seat should then return to labour if it weren't for the population turnover especially since 1982.
given that the tory vote rises along the river each election, local and national and with the libdumbs being poisonous now and probably ahead, the first tory mp for bermondsey since before the War?
who knows, it will be a bunfight of a LD preselection whatever ...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: