SE1 Football

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 16 July 2011 2.23pm
Hi

I live in SE1 and want to get into playing some regular football nearby, preferably 11-a-side but can do 5. Used to play a lot but never really got playing in London.

Does anyone know of any teams or have any recommendations?

I've been doing a bit of research and have seen these 'Go Mammoth' leagues you can join in Brixton, but ideally would want to play closer to home. I did a search of forum posts but there were all a while back.

Thanks in advance

Jon
Monday 18 July 2011 9.36am
Hi Jon,

I play 5 a side on Sundays in Victoria between 11am-12pm - sometimes we need spares - if you are interested in being on the list then PM me your mobile number. At the moment we have ten regulars but when someone drops out between quarters a slot will be open to be a regular.

Regards

James
Monday 18 July 2011 8.14pm
Hi

Not SE1 but if your interested in 11 a side Sunday football my club Old Wimbledonians are looking for new players.
We are a friendly club and have our own ground with clubhouse in Raynes Park (near Wimbledon) easy to get to on train from Waterloo. We have 4 teams, 3 senior and a vets team. The 1st team are a very good standard in Division 1 of the Morden and District Sunday Football League (the largest Sunday league in London) The 2nd XI are in Div 5 and The 3rd team are in Div 9 so a good spread of standards. We all play Sunday mornings kick off at 10-10.30am in and around SW - S London.

Training starts tomorrow evening, 7pm at our ground in Raynes park. It lasts until gets dark and will be more football than fitness. All welcome

Here's our website. bit old looking but full of info on the club

http://www.oldwimbledonians.co.uk/

Cheers

Duncan
Monday 18 July 2011 10.50pm
Hi,

Have two more 30 something's looking for some footy, preferably 5-6 a side on all weather surface around the local area one evening in the week. At present playing at Lee Valley (Nr Blackheath) but would prefer something more local.

Also interested in Badminton and Tennis anyone know of any local clubs or meetups I would be grateful if you could let us know.

Cheers
Matt
Tuesday 19 July 2011 5.38pm
You might like a look at this. tennis, badminton and astro football, they could probably say who plays on their pitches

http://www.jubileehalltrust.org/colombo/
Thursday 21 July 2011 10.24am
If you love playing football, Street League in partnership with Better Bankside and the LFB offers
subsidized football sessions open to the community
They are going to be held every Wednesday at the London Fire Brigade Training Centre (94 Southwark Bridge Rd) from the 3rd of August - 5pm-6pm and they will be delivered by Street League qualified coaches.Street League is a charity that helps disadvantaged young people getting back into work..if you join the session you will also
sustain into employment a young coah graduating from Street League’s programs (Street League will employ Academy graduates to run the sessions). The cost is £2.50/session for people in employment and free for people out of work or in education. If you want mor einformation contact elisabetta.ognibene@streetleague.co.uk
Monday 21 November 2011 3.22pm
concretej wrote:
Hi,
I live in SE1 and want to get into playing some regular football nearby, preferably 11-a-side but can do 5. Used to play a lot but never really got playing in London.

Does anyone know of any teams or have any recommendations?

I've been doing a bit of research and have seen these 'Go Mammoth' leagues you can join in Brixton, but ideally would want to play closer to home. I did a search of forum posts but there were all a while back.

Thanks in advance

Jon

i am also interested in football in the se1 area or surroundings, did you find a group to join or ru interested in forming a group, let me know
thanks
Tuesday 31 July 2012 9.55pm
hi there, i have a 7 year old son frankie who is amazing about football and can play with alot of skill. Can anybody help me get him into a team.
Appriciated replies

Karen

(live in SE1)
Tuesday 31 July 2012 10.19pm
karendawn85 wrote:
hi there, i have a 7 year old son frankie who is amazing about football and can play with alot of skill. Can anybody help me get him into a team.
Appriciated replies

Karen

(live in SE1)
SE1 desperately lacks a local football club as far as I am concerned... Peabody used to organise sessions every Saturday morning at Colombo Street, but that disintegrated a couple of years ago. FC Waterloo are the nearest club as far as I am aware.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: