PC World/Currys

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 20 July 2011 4.07pm
Does everyone know that PC World in the OKR has shut for refurbishments and has moved to the premises of Curry's near the OKR Tesco...and after that Curry's is closing completely and the premises is going to be something else entirely. I was caught on the hop yesterday when going to PC World and finding it all boarded up.
Wednesday 20 July 2011 8.26pm
Does that mean, Jackie, that the current Currys will ultimately close? That is a shame; I bought a tumble drier from there a couple of years back and was served by the manager. Excellent service there (unlike Surrey Quays where I've only every experienced difficulty).
Thursday 21 July 2011 6.48am
Yes it's closing totally. The site is going to be some other thing, the chap told me what but I cant remember,but nothing we really need. There is a Currys near MacDonalds opposite the PC World but it's smaller.
Thursday 21 July 2011 7.08am
ie: beside B&Q
Thursday 21 July 2011 8.44am
The Currys by Tesco is much nicer than the one by B&Q.
Thursday 21 July 2011 9.05am
[quote jackie rokotnitz]ie: beside B&Q[/quote It's Comet that is near B&Q.
Thursday 21 July 2011 9.10am
Ahh, sorry, they all seem the same to me...well anyway, I'm really sorry Curry's is going.
Friday 22 July 2011 10.52am
true...my mistake too....the Comet by B&Q is a dreadful place to shop....Currys by Tesco is much nicer
Friday 22 July 2011 7.18pm
I agree to a certain extent, Urbanite, but Comet is very competitive price-wise and, although service is variable, if you're on a budget I've always found they are cheap.

Also, I give you the example of ethernet cable. I wanted a 10-metre extension lead. Curry's and PC World only sold Belkin cable at 40 for a pack had nothing cheaper. This seems to be the way with essentials like extension leads, SCART/HDMI cables and the like. Comet had a cheaper (but just as good) equivalent for about 15. Whilst Curry's service is better, Comet's prices are far better, despite location.

I should add that I don't work for Comet, Curry's or PC World!
Saturday 23 July 2011 10.10am
My experience of customer service at these stores seems to be the opposite.

A couple of years ago, I wanted a specific piece of equipment. I went to PC World OKR, where they had one on display and no indication that it was out of stock.

For some reason, they were using a supermarket deli style ticketing system to organise a queue for service. Twenty five minutes later, when my number came up, I was informed that they didn't have the item in stock and wouldn't sell me the display item. Neither did they offer to order me one in.

Across the road in Comet, they had the item in stock and cheaper, with good, pretty efficient service.

I've not been back to PC World since.

(No connection etc)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: