Helicopter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 July 2011 4.31am
Now that's annoying. The helicopter is flying back and forth for almost half an hour already. Cant sleep. What the hell? Are they just emptying fuel tank or what?
Thursday 21 July 2011 7.32am
We had the same deal in the early hours of Wednesday over Rotherhithe.
I assumed that it was a police thing, but there was no searchlight emanating from it, which is normal when the police are tracking something on the ground.
It is very easy to assume that they are there solely to annoy you but presumably there was a valid reason for it.
Thursday 21 July 2011 8.03am
Regularly drives me bonkers too. A whole hour hovering just over the house at 8 am on a sunday morning the other week.
Its really antisocial and I don't care what the reason is, IMHO its not justified.
Thursday 21 July 2011 9.49am
Debra, I never heard Met explaining WHY is it sooo necessary to keep helicopter hanging above residential areas at the darkest hours of the night WITHOUT searchlight. Every other week! Even twice or three times a week.
Thursday 21 July 2011 9.56am
They don't need to use the searchlight - they use infra-red to spot the bad guys. Yes, it is annoying, but they do it for a reason. It kept me awake at 4:30 this morning but if means they catch the villain - I will settle for that.
Thursday 21 July 2011 12.03pm
Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the helicopter. Two night now, how annoying. :(
Thursday 21 July 2011 12.49pm
Me too - but the benefit was when I was looking out of the window I saw a few bats flying about !
Friday 22 July 2011 12.56am
I was rudely awoken by the same helicopter at 4.20 am - it was hovering right above for ages. If they actually caught someone, then all well and good, but why do they do this in the middle of the night? Don't they collect intelligence that enables them to make arrests on the day shift?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: