The Continued Brilliance of the Leather Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 22 July 2011 8.56pm
Right.
Have no idea why you're reading this instead of being inside one of the best pubs SE1 has, but anyway, that's your problem.
I can only affirm that the Leather Exchange does a better beer/food/service combo than anywhere else remotely local. If you've never been, I'm vaguely jealous of the whole first time virgin joy that awaits.
The owners and staff are lovely and the nosh is divine. How many pubs round here do you know that could serve perfectly cooked corn fed chicken with garlic puree, snappy green beans and a veal jus that has you running your fingers round the plate like some kind of perve? Exactly.
The espresso martini is close to mad-making, it's that good.
Go. Take your wife/husband/civil partner/just good friend. They will love you for it.
Friday 22 July 2011 10.17pm
Not even remotely believable. 2/10.
Friday 22 July 2011 10.25pm
2 is generous.

Honest to God, this place is actually nice, but this kind of nonsense puts me right off a place...
Friday 22 July 2011 10.31pm
mikec wrote:
2 is generous.
Honest to God, this place is actually nice, but this kind of nonsense puts me right off a place...

Agreed. Been twice, perfectly acceptable... not really Zucca or A&H.

I feel quite annoyed my first visit was influenced by a post from "Kim"...
Friday 22 July 2011 10.32pm
kimfarley wrote:
Right.
Have no idea why you're reading this instead of being inside one of the best pubs SE1 has, but anyway, that's your problem.
I can only affirm that the Leather Exchange does a better beer/food/service combo than anywhere else remotely local. If you've never been, I'm vaguely jealous of the whole first time virgin joy that awaits.
Go. Take your wife/husband/civil partner/just good friend. They will love you for it.

short of customers, kim?
Friday 22 July 2011 10.32pm
From a quick Google search Kim would appear to be posting under her own name and, as her first post on the forum said, be a long-standing local resident.

Clearly the tone of the original post is rather OTT to say the least, but please could people hold off on the sniping unless/until there is evidence she is an official PR agent for the Leather Exchange.

Just as astroturfing is unacceptable, it is also harmful to the forum if anyone who posts anything positive is immediately shot down.

My rule of thumb is that proven astroturfers deserve everything they get; everyone else deserves the benefit of the doubt.

(Granted, the only people who usually write about any business in such extravagant terms are astroturfers, but still...)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 23 July 2011 1.30am
Looks like a Marks & Spencer advert at its best...
this is not just corn fed chicken.. this is leather exchange corn fed chicken.. brilliant! :))

I am scared of the real experience now...
Saturday 23 July 2011 9.10pm
the place is never open!
Wednesday 27 July 2011 1.39pm
James Hatts wrote:
From a quick Google search Kim would appear to be posting under her own name and, as her first post on the forum said, be a long-standing local resident.
Clearly the tone of the original post is rather OTT to say the least, but please could people hold off on the sniping unless/until there is evidence she is an official PR agent for the Leather Exchange.

Just as astroturfing is unacceptable, it is also harmful to the forum if anyone who posts anything positive is immediately shot down.

My rule of thumb is that proven astroturfers deserve everything they get; everyone else deserves the benefit of the doubt.

(Granted, the only people who usually write about any business in such extravagant terms are astroturfers, but still...)

You may wish to reconsider. Take a look at the recent food reviews
Thursday 28 July 2011 2.57pm
I went there on Saturday after being bullied by Kim and to try the "orgasm" that she is talking about... to find it was closed.
Saturday and Sunday.. always. This for me as a residnet, is bad enough.

A Folk (the landlord, he had the keys) entered in the pub and did not bother even to ask me whether I was interested in the place or not..

Roger..
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: