Secret Millionaire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 23 July 2011 6.34am
So if a Secret Millionaire came to SE1 where would you end him? Who knows of amazing charity work going on around here? I'd be interested to hear your ideas for a project I'm doing. Cheers all.
Saturday 23 July 2011 8.26am
I think Peter Wilkinson chairman of Borough market should give this a shot
Saturday 23 July 2011 9.39am
The Manna Centre in Melior Street feeds up to 250 homeless and needy daily. Paddy Boyle is the Centre Manager who has been there for 20 years and is really an amazing man along with his wife who works in the kitchen.
Thursday 28 July 2011 9.44am
Thanks for the info on the Manna Centre - I will take a look at it. I'm having real problems finding worthy charities - I think centrepoint do a great job but they are looking for funds to pay for staff - no problem with that but they need contributions for salaries & pensions. I don't get a pension with my job & I don't think we want to use any charity money we have this way. I just tried Young Carers - the local Carers group apparently covers the City & Hackney with support for Young carers just covering the City of London - how many chidren live in the City of London? The Salmon Centre looks like a good project - does anyone have any experience of them? Any other ideas? Help !
Thursday 28 July 2011 10.05am
I would recommend Depression Alliance, who moved back into the area 18 months or so ago. They work tirelessly to help the very many people who suffer from this insidious, frightening and potentially fatal illness.

In the past, I have done voluntary work for them [a totally different administration is now in place] and I know that funds are badly needed.

http://www.depressionalliance.org/

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: