Headache

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 July 2011 11.50am
Can anyone recommend someone who knows how to cure bad headaches in the over 70's?
Monday 25 July 2011 11.52am
I would start by seeing your GP.......!!
Monday 25 July 2011 2.59pm
Following your visit to your GP, assuming there are no sinister causes for your headaches (and there usually aren't) Osteopathy can be very helpful and doesn't have to include manipulation of your neck (which I probably wouldn't advise); a simple massage of your neck and shoulders might be enough or acupuncture can help.

Best of luck, headaches are miserable.
Monday 25 July 2011 9.27pm
Michael Place wrote:
Can anyone recommend someone who knows how to cure bad headaches in the over 70's?

Henry V111 had a quick remedy, it worked for all ages.
Tuesday 26 July 2011 7.34am
There is a Doctor in Rupert street Soho, who is a master of acupuncture. He sorted out my very bad sciatic for ever.
I am not sure he can work on headache, but he is a very honest person, in advice and price. He would not ever do anything he thinks he cannot do and as he is a physician, he takes in consideration your GP and traditional medicine.

If you get stuck and nothing get better I can give you the contact.

(it is not one of those massage places, it is a private practice with a focus on acupuncture).
Tuesday 26 July 2011 10.34am
Worth making a visit to the dentist too. Through wear and tear the teeths' allignment can change and this can cause headaches.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 10.48am
My Mum's sister has neuralgia (?)which is agonising the pain goes up her jaw and into her head.has to have something thats sounds like carbanzine..

For most headaches we all refer back to Mums old fashioned idea ...dating back to Jack and Jill...but it's a devil getting hold of brown paper!

Seriously a linen or cotton old pillowcase steeped in cold water then sprinkled with vinegar really works placed on the forehead,aided by an aspirin in you can take one.

Some scientific big- wigs years ago analysed the Jack and Jill method and found it would work...huh my old Mum could have told them that!
Thursday 4 August 2011 1.06am
Michael Place wrote:

Well the first thing and probably the most important thing is to find out the cause of the headaches ! a headache can be a symptom of a multitude of medical conditions - some of which the headache can be a symptom of something that if not checked out asap could lead to something more serious

Although , in this hot weather a headache could be a symptom of dehydration.

Best to see a GP asap

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: