Bermondsey Kitchen becomes Pizarro!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
serge Monday 3 October 2011 4.41pm
I did not mean to send the same message 3 times. They kept telling me that an error had occured.
Sorry
spartacus Monday 3 October 2011 4.43pm
serge wrote:
[center][/center]I completely agree with Jason. I went twice to Jose and I think it is overpriced. The portions are not huge. To cut ham or chorizo is not cuisine. I ate the hake in two mouthfuls and the aioli was ok. The patatas bravas are only sauteed potatoes with a spicy sauce. I will try Pizarro to see if the portions are more generous for the price they charge. On top of that, you cannot seat properly in Jose.
My vote goes for Zucca. I love going there and my friends from abroad also love the place. They always ask me to book very early to get a table.
I cannot wait to try Antico as well!

Serge, Jose's place is a tapas bar, i.e., he is providing appetizers, snacks - which are sometimes combined to make the equivalent of a full meal. Can't comment on the prices, but the quantity of any single tapas by definition will never be substantial.
serge Monday 3 October 2011 6.35pm
I have had tapas so many times. My twin brother has a property in Biarritz and we often go for tapas in San Sebastian. I had some in Granada, Madrid, Barcelona or Bilbao. I know the portions are meant to be small and are usually accompanied with a drink but I was trying to comment about the value for money. Charging 6 for 2 mouthfuls of hake is taking people for a ride. I prefer the starters at Zucca wich are usually cheaper and better value for money and tastier!
boroughpaul Tuesday 4 October 2011 5.04pm
totally agree with Spartacus- Jose is a tapas bar...the portions are small because that is the nature of this style of cuisine. I cannot fault the cooking or the ambiance at Jose, and for information Jamon Iberico is expansive anywhere. It is a delicacy. maybe not in Biaritz...
serge Wednesday 5 October 2011 4.07am
It is a delicacy everywhere but we are not talking Pata Negra Ham and Biarritz is a beautiful place 30 minutes by car from Spain! I still believe Jose is too expensive for what you get on the plate Am I entitled to my opinion?
Ivanhoe Wednesday 5 October 2011 7.13am
Obviously not, serge. It seems like you've upset people by daring to criticise the new trendy B St thing.

How dare you!!

...if you press it, they will come.
eDWaRD WooDWaRD Wednesday 5 October 2011 10.04am
When I used to go to Spain more frequently, in the late 80's / early 90's, I remember that if you went into a bar and ordered a drink, you would get tapas without asking, and for free. Whenever tehy served us one we liked, we would order a "racion" of it, which was basically larger tapas, which you'd pay for and which could get quiet filling. Yum.
mikec Wednesday 5 October 2011 10.09am
"When I used to go to Spain more frequently, in the late 80's / early 90's, I remember that if you went into a bar and ordered a drink, you would get tapas without asking, and for free. Whenever tehy served us one we liked, we would order a "racion" of it, which was basically larger tapas, which you'd pay for and which could get quiet filling. Yum."

Best thing in the world - ever! , I wish it would catch on here. You've made me hungry now!
boomshake Thursday 6 October 2011 6.59am
i must admit I have noticed any press reviews of Jose tapas, perhaps i have just missed them, I havent tried it yet so cant comment,

looking forward to the new pizzaro the old berm kitchen was very dated,look at bit like a family cafe..

perhaps the new pizzaro will introduce opening discounts for local residents?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions