Getting keys to guest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 29 July 2011 4.47am
Hi there,

I am out of town, and need to leave some keys for guest who arive on Wednesday at about 10pm. Does anyone have any suggestions about a local place I can leave keys? My boyfriend is out of town and I do not know anyone who lives locally. Could I leave them at a po box or something?

Would really appriciate any suggestions!!

Friday 29 July 2011 7.44am
Do you use any local shop or restaurant regularly? I left a set of keys with the newsagent on Long Lane once and they were very happy for this arrangement as we had been on nodding terms for a few years.

The longer term answer (although not v helpful for right now) is to get to know neighbours!
Friday 29 July 2011 10.11am
there is an industry dedicated to this type of thing,called keyholding ,though it does cost.I've used CMS for the last 15 years.If you shop around I'm sure there is a deal to be done.
Friday 29 July 2011 10.24am
Stick them under your door mat.
Friday 29 July 2011 11.28am
Lazy i wrote:

...I do not know anyone who lives locally. Could I leave them at a po box or something?

NB: not being negative here - my +ve suggestion is that you should ask a local service (e.g. shop/laundry) that you trust. However as noted, getting to know some neighbours will make your life easier (and is fun).

[edited to add... and is easy!]

Would you like to go with me?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Friday 29 July 2011 1.45pm
There's a PO Box place on Lower Marsh.
Friday 29 July 2011 2.20pm
Do you have nice neighbours? I would hold keys for you until they collected them? I'm in Pages Walk
Friday 29 July 2011 4.25pm
thanks all for the suggestions - especially Pops! Have managed to find a solution - pick them up from work!

Matt wouldn't work unforunatly - as live in a block, so they wouldn't even be able to get in withouth the keys.

As always - thank sfor the thoughts!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: