Bermondsey in Bloom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 29 July 2011 9.43am
Does anyone know anything about Bermondsey in Bloom first mentioned on this site on 6th July. (http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5387)
There was an email address for someone called Eliza Mann, (eliza.mann@southwark.gov.uk) but every time I send to it, it gets bounced back. There is also a phone number but it doesn't work either?
I called Southwark council who put me through to an answerphone. Called the main swithboard again but no-one knows anything about it. Nominations close on Sunday and I don't want to miss out.

Related news & features

Friday 29 July 2011 9.56am
Try Southwark Council's website....

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200073/parks_and_open_spaces/576/southwark_in_bloom/1

(Sorry, link won't work for me).

Perhaps you can enter the competition on line.
Friday 29 July 2011 10.07am
Southwark in Bloom has been cancelled because of funding cuts, so the Bermondsey in Bloom competition is an initiative that the Bermondsey Lib Dem councillors have organised themselves.

So the council officers are unlikely to be able to help.

Not sure why Eliza Mann's email doesn't work, though. I'll email the Lib Dem group office and flag up this thread to them.

If Graham is reading this, he may be able to help.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 29 July 2011 1.54pm
Southwark in Bloom cancelled because of cuts! It can't have cost that much; we got a Silver Gilt and I think our 'prize' was 20. Of course the plaque must have cost a few quid but we are probably talking hundreds and not thousands of pounds. What a shame that Southwark felt the need to cut this when it should be encouraging volunteers to improve their neighbourhood - the council must save money in the long run as a tidy neighbourhood deters vandalism.
Friday 29 July 2011 11.45pm
Cllr Mann has been in touch to say that the closing date is now 5 August.

Her number is 07944 117959

Tuesday 13 September 2011 11.45am
The public will be invited to vote for the winners at tonight's meeting of Bermondsey Community Council (7pm at the Oxford & Bermondsey Club in Webb Street)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: