Artbrand House: councillors condemn "disgraceful" breach of planning consent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 29 July 2011 7.45pm
Good to see something resembling enforcement taking place.

Although I have minimal sympathy for anyone daft enough to buy an overpriced flat in something this ugly, can the owners/occupiers of flats that have already been sold sue their solicitors for failing to spot that the development bore no resemblance to what had planning consent?
Saturday 30 July 2011 9.50am
That's an interesting question and one I don't know the answer to. However I would have thought they'd sue the developer as someone for the developer would need to sign a certificate of completion and any buyer's contract is ultimately with the developer, but as I say I really don't know.
Sunday 18 December 2011 11.18pm
I am considering buying a flat in the development at 70 Great Suffolk Street, which I believe is also by the same developer as Artbrand House. I am concerned to read this story - does anyone know anything else about this developer? The building is not yet complete so it is difficult to judge what the final quality will be like.
Tuesday 20 December 2011 2.41pm
Iím actually in the same boat dstern, interested in the scheme but donít want to do anything and then find the property is non-compliant. I wonder if thereís any way of getting confirmation from the council...?
Wednesday 21 December 2011 8.05am
If you are seriously looking into buying into a development you need to get a really clued up solicitor to do all the leg work needed to find out if the developer is towing the line.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: