Why was London Bridge rammed with traffic this morning?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 2 August 2011 8.24am
I thought it was unusual for such heavy traffic during the school holidays

Thanks
Tuesday 2 August 2011 9.39am
It was yesterday as well....back-up of traffic from road works at Cheapside/Bank area all the way down King William Street and back onto London Bridge.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 9.42am
blackfriars bridge all down to 1 lane road works again untill spring 2012,
soon there will be nowhere left to drive
Tuesday 2 August 2011 9.51am
Waterloo Bridge. too. Last week they dug a huge, deep hole at the corner with The Strand northbound and now everything is trying to squeeze into one lane. Not seen anyone working on it yet, mind.

Maybe it's a form of social engineering - a new great north/south divide - ne'er the twain shall meet!
Tuesday 2 August 2011 10.24am
La Martinet wrote:
Waterloo Bridge. too. Last week they dug a huge, deep hole at the corner with The Strand northbound and now everything is trying to squeeze into one lane. Not seen anyone working on it yet, mind.
Maybe it's a form of social engineering - a new great north/south divide - ne'er the twain shall meet!

But wasn't this bit resurfaced quite recently?
Tuesday 2 August 2011 10.40am
Re Waterloo Bridge - they had dug the hole in the middle lane last week and this week they have moved it over to the left hand lane, on the corner of the Strand.

Variety is the spice of life and all that!
Tuesday 2 August 2011 12.03pm
Snowsfields is blocked off with roadworks and also Newcomen Street as well.

Think I passed one van at least four times on my walk to work this morning, trying to escape the maze.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 2.12pm
TfL got an agenda at all?
Wednesday 3 August 2011 9.17am
And, of course, the various roadworks up Borough High Street and at London Bridge Station. Some difficulties for busses turning into the station is blocking the road and snarling up a lot of traffic.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 10.08am
And for busses exiting London Bridge Station...seems the lights may have been re-timed last week?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: