Asian Groceries

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 11.08am
Does anybody know of any asian grocery supermarkets in and around London Bridge?
Tuesday 2 August 2011 11.36am
Do you mean Chinese? If so I'm not aware of any but there is a place in Camberwell and a smaller one in Peckham. It's not far into the west end though where you've got the Chinatown shops.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 2.35pm
The Vietnamese shop Vinh Phat on Southwark Park Road sells tofu cheap - but SE!6 not SE1.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 5.39pm
anywhere reasonably central for Thai/Vietnamese/Malaysian products?
ADT
Tuesday 2 August 2011 5.53pm
OKR Asda has a reasonably large selection of overseas foods in the 'world foods' aisle - more than other supermarkets - and there is a Chinese/Asian store on Ossory Road, which is just north-west of the Asda. Not that close to London Bridge, but a relatively short journey.
Tuesday 2 August 2011 6.27pm
there are two Vietnamese food stores on Walworth Road, between East St Market and Morrisons (I think!) on the market side of the road - can't remember the names. They can be hit and miss but good fun and they are very helpful - usually the person on the till doesn't understand much English so that adds to the fun. Always full of Asian customers so a good sign. You need to know your vegetables as they are displayed without names or only written in Vietnamese!!

I find it more dependable to pop into Gerrard St, Chinatown where there are two huge excellent asian grocers
Tuesday 2 August 2011 7.22pm
I hadn't noticed the Vietnamese on Southwark Park Road and was oblivious to the place of Ossary Road, which looks like it might be a good size going from the Streetview from OKR. I think my tofu consumption is about to double.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 11.24am
There is (was) a very large Asian shop (cash and carry) in the Grange Walk/Spa Road area somewhere. Be about four years since I last passed it, and I cannot remember exactly where it was. It may be flats by now...
Wednesday 3 August 2011 4.44pm
And the winner is ....... graham. Seriously though thank you to everyone, all very helpful suggestions and ones that will come in handy at some stage. Went down to Vinh Phat and it was great. Lots of stuff and a really nice person serving inside with an excellent grasp of English.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 7.02pm
alang wrote:
I find it more dependable to pop into Gerrard St, Chinatown where there are two huge excellent asian grocers
Don't forget See Woo on Lisle Street, Chinatown!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: