ART SPACE NEEDED

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 10.59am
I am looking for a space in the SE1 area to hold an art exhibition in October for three days (including evenings). Does anyone know of an empty shop/bar/pub/office/warehouse/workshop we could use which would be suitable? We are four artists and one of us is a SE1 resident. Please contact me on 07948 727035 or email me at b.mason70@ntlworld.com.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 11.03am
Good luck on that one. I've been looking for a suitable space for months.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 2.42pm
Message in next post sorry..
Wednesday 3 August 2011 2.43pm
I am not sure if this will help but..

You can enquire about the crypt of the Church in St George the Martyr. Depends what you are showing... of course.

The space on Long lane underneath the Empire Square block of flats... Good reason to open it.

And the Miller pub in Kipling street. They do these things and they have got a lot of space although they have a busy schedule

Good luck
Thursday 4 August 2011 4.13pm
The tobacco warehouse on bermondsey street where the shunt theatre was based... I think is empty now.
Thursday 4 August 2011 4.49pm
There are many places that are empty within SE1, the problem lies with developers and estate agents being open to the idea of these spaces being used for short periods without the need for insurance. The spaces also have to usable inasmuch they have workable walls and floors; am I not right in thinking the Long Lane development is essentially all floor and no walls other than glass? Not an impossible space if you work with free standing objects but problematic for some. Also a means of power supply if only for lighting, often not available on shell interiors. That for me is the difficulty, I have a choice of several empty units near me which have been empty for years, but none have any means of power. Very frustrating.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: