Southwark Playhouse in need of urgent support

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 3 August 2011 10.43pm
Looks like they need support sent by this Saturday as there are no plans for them to be reincorporated into the new London Bridge development:

http://southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/about/london-bridge-station-redevelopment/
Thursday 4 August 2011 10.14am
Yes, we mustn't let this excellent, local venue be lost in the new development.

Please check out the above link - it's easy to complete the form, which goes direct to Planning at SC.
Thursday 4 August 2011 11.11am
Done! Agree totally
Thursday 4 August 2011 11.15am
Southwark Playhouse has been a fantastic venue in its current location. We should all make the effort to contact Southwark Council planning ASAP and let them know we want it to stay here!
Thursday 4 August 2011 12.17pm
Done. Fingers crossed!
Thursday 4 August 2011 12.33pm
Done, thanks for flagging this Eleanor. One of the nicest things about the area is that is has its own little off-west end theatre. Good luck.
Thursday 4 August 2011 8.47pm
Yes, I too found it easy to fill in the form. I see there's a mention of it in today's Standard, saying they have backing from the good ol' Stephen Fry.
Thursday 4 August 2011 10.15pm
shame they can't move into 360, as planned...
TAK
Thursday 4 August 2011 10.40pm
jamesup wrote:
shame they can't move into 360, as planned...

Shame indeed - saying that the existing space is unique. Fingers crossed we get more of the royal court theatre in the shopping centre or maybe even temporary the Southwark Playhouse in there.
Friday 5 August 2011 9.34am
Done - it really doesn't take too long to fill in the form and leave your comments. I'd urge everyone to do this. The Playhouse is a great theatre!

A.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: