warning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 August 2011 2.53am
Hi everyone,

i just wanted to post a warning. Myself and my flatmates were attacked aggressively in Whites Grounds Estate tonight at about 2am. A white guy in his 30s tried to stab my boyfriend through the window (ground floor) and then smashed another window in the house. Our neighbour said the guy had been hanging around for at least 20 minutes, and my flatmate said he'd noticed someone outside the flat for the same amount of time, walking around the flat (we're on the corner). The police said someone with the same description was reported for a mugging earlier on this evening on Bermondsey St.
I want to warn people to close ground floor windows and watch out for this guy. The description myself, my boyfriend and the person who was mugged earlier all agree on is as follows:
White, 30-35, blue or grey eyes, clearly on drugs but not a junkie- clear skin and pretty well-fed face-, wide eyes, approx 5'10/5'11, fair hair. Our neighbour said he was on a silver bike.

Sorry for the neighbourhood watch bit but he's obviously doing the rounds. Please be careful!
Friday 5 August 2011 8.42am
Really sorry to hear this.
Friday 5 August 2011 9.35am
Thanks for the warning. Hopefully the police track him down.
Friday 5 August 2011 10.25am
Thanks so much for posting this- I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experience
Friday 5 August 2011 10.35am
Thanks for your messages! Just by way of an update: The police investigator has looked around and says the guy was definitely wearing gloves. So not just a random opportunist who thought he saw a chance. He was well prepared- carrying weapons, a brick and with gloves. Hopefully they'll pick him up - I'll keep you posted.
Friday 5 August 2011 12.10pm
Thats not good news. is the person that was mugged OK? Is your boyfriend hurt? Do you have a burglar alarm? Have you been to the police staion to look at photofits? oR been invited to? Did he get in? So sorry to hear this, must be shaken up.
Friday 5 August 2011 12.24pm
I just sent your post to my husband. He said late last night someone was shining bright lights into our windows like a very strong torch. He thought it may have been the police lookign for someone. He never tells me these things! We are about 10 minutes walk away from you.

We are also on the ground floor, but have an alarm with warning stickers and keep the windows shut (which when someone has a brick wouldnt make too much difference)
Friday 5 August 2011 1.10pm
I don't know what happened with the mugging I'm afraid. The police said if they pick someone up, we'll be asked to look at pictures or go in to see possible suspects. My boyfriend is a bit scratched but ok.. the guy was actually trying to get in a small window - he would never have fitted through but was definitely determined to.
Friday 5 August 2011 2.14pm
Oh Flora. I am sorry to hear this. I know you go into shock a little bit when this type of thing happens - glad you are all safe. I dont know why the police cant let you go through pics they already have if you had a good look at him.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: