Ironing board

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 5 August 2011 2.07pm
Any idea where I can buy one locally? Am based just off SBR, and with no car.

E&C shopping centre would be fine, so first wondering whether anyone has noticed them there, to save traipsing up and down its dingy corridors in vain.

Or else somewhere on the 344 bus route. Don't really want to lug it back from the west end looking like a lost surfer!

Know I could order one online from anyone from Argos to John Lewis, but that would mean waiting in for the thing.

Yours lazily, Boroman
Friday 5 August 2011 2.25pm
I bought one years ago in Tower Electrics on Tower Bridge Road. If I recall it was under a tenner and is still going strong.

Click here.

I don't iron for them.
Friday 5 August 2011 3.19pm
Argos delivers....
Friday 5 August 2011 3.53pm
The DIY/bits and bobs shop on the ground floor of the Elephant and Castle shopping centre sells ironing boards.
Friday 5 August 2011 7.04pm
I bought one from the general store on Lower Marsh last week. I was surprised at their prices as I had done a bit of searching on the internet. It was neither bulky nor heavy and I carried it home. I think I paid 27 for it.
Friday 5 August 2011 8.08pm
Mine is being delivered by John Lewis on Wednesday. Not too long to wait!

Robert Dyas on Queens Street North of Southwark Bridge - short walk to 344 bus. (Not open on Saturdays) or 344 towards Liverpool St get off at Fenchurch Street and a Robert Dyas is on Gracechurch Street then pop on bus back home, you will need to check if they are open on Saturday.

Good Luck
Friday 5 August 2011 8.08pm
Tattie wrote:
Argos delivers....

Boroman wrote:
but that would mean waiting in for the thing.
Friday 5 August 2011 8.10pm
Eileen wrote:
The DIY/bits and bobs shop on the ground floor of the Elephant and Castle shopping centre sells ironing boards.

Thanks Eileen, I'll gird myself to go at the weekend.
Friday 5 August 2011 8.17pm
SJS22 wrote:
a Robert Dyas is on Gracechurch Street then pop on bus back home, you will need to check if they are open on Saturday.

Thanks SJS, I love Robert Dyas - one of the few really useful chains - and am always popping to one or other of the City ones. But their site says both are closed Sat and Sun, and I don't recall seeing ironing boards in there.
Friday 5 August 2011 11.35pm
Robert Dyas on the Strand and High Holborn are open on a Saturday
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: