car damaged eve 13th July

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 6 August 2011 4.37pm
Hi all in SE1,

This is probably a pretty long shot, but on the eve/early hours of 13/14 July my Renault Clio Sport was written off while it was parked in Webber Row (Just off Waterloo Road by the new Travelodge).

Someone covered every panel with paint stripper leaving a 5K repair bill and the subsequent writting off of my pride and joy ;(

No other cars were touched. Im sure your probably by this point thinking 'he must be a wrong un, and did something to provoke this'.I can assure you im a regular, law abiding member of the community, and it baffles me as to why?
Speaking to a few locals, there arnt any CCTV cameras on Webber Row, and this may be a reason. But to leave all other cars alone is odd.

Police closed the case the day after it was opened.

So if anyone may have seen anything late eve Wednesday or early morning Thursday 14th, drop me a hello.

Im too worried about getting any replacement, if i could that is, as now my insurance renewal for anything similar is double what it was before, and that was eye watering enough.

Well, if you got this far, thank you for your time.

Phil G
Zoe
Saturday 6 August 2011 5.47pm
What a terrible thing to happen. You might want to get a garage to give you a bit more piece of mind for your next car, LB Southwark will have waiting lists for ones locally.
Saturday 6 August 2011 6.28pm
Sorry to hear, bikerkid: unfair on you on many levels.

Insurers load our premiums by postcode, then penalise us again when on the odd occasion that risk turns into reality, even if - as for you evidently - the vehicle owner is in no way at fault.

I've just signed up to Streetcar as I no longer want the grief of owning one in London. Not tried it out yet, but there seem to be a good number of them parked round here.

Can understand though if you use yours enough for it to be worth the pain of rebuilding that no-claims discount.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: