Weekend FT on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
spych102 Saturday 6 August 2011 5.50pm
It's great to see that Bermondsey Street's in the Weekend FT getting lots of praise from Nicholas Lander today.

Brave New Bermondsey
Jac Monday 8 August 2011 12.33pm
But yet another incorrect fact in the article of a national news paper. Jose is not on the site of the old post office. Why do they get such a basic facts wrong?
janefs Monday 8 August 2011 12.49pm
'Never let the facts get in the way of a good story'.
spych102 Monday 8 August 2011 1.33pm
Who cares? It's Nicholas Lander for goodness sake! And he's noticed us!
Jac Monday 8 August 2011 1.38pm
spych102 wrote:
It's Nicholas Lander for goodness sake!

Oh Sorry It's ok then.
spych102 Monday 8 August 2011 1.58pm
Jac, LOL!

But seriously, I think the main point I want to get across is that after many years on the local culinary map the area is gaining wider recognition and not just from crappy Time Out but from a serious critic with a reputation.
Rambling Phil Monday 8 August 2011 10.36pm
Quote:
I think the main point I want to get across is that after many years on the local culinary map the area is gaining wider recognition and not just from crappy Time Out but from a serious critic with a reputation.

Why on earth would you want that?

All it'll mean is that all the good restaurants will be full of braying commuters - eating there because there's nowhere in the suburban holes they call home - and the streets will fill with bimbling, gawping grockles.
Ivanhoe Tuesday 9 August 2011 10.46am
spych102 wrote:
Who cares? It's Nicholas Lander for goodness sake! And he's noticed us!

Wow! Maybe he'll ask us to wear his ring at the prom.

Personally, I'm not worthy.

I'm also old-fashioned enough to like the things I like because *I* like them, rather than because someone else has told me that it's OK to like them.

Which is probably why I wouldn't feel at home with the hipsters of B St.

...if you press it, they will come.
spych102 Tuesday 9 August 2011 10.47am
Grockles, let them come! Suburbanites, you are welcome!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions