Faith in Human Nature

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 6 August 2011 6.44pm
I stupidly left my walled on the 100 bus on Friday 5th Aug - it had Cash, Credit Cards, Bank Cards all the points cards you can think of and my driving licence that I vowed never to keep in my wallet, because if my handbag was stolen then address and house keys would be in the same place.

I went through the hassel of cancelling my Bank & Credit Cards, that was a job and a half but nevertheless necessary at the time.

I've just got home 7pm today (Sat 6th Aug) and some kind sole has posted my wallet though my letterbox.

This certainly restore my faith in Human Nature and I would do the same if I found someones personal possessions.

If only the kind sole had left their name and phone number, so I could say a BIG THANK YOU.

The 20 note in my wallet is going to a Charity.

Thank you to all the kind soles that do return personal possessions to us that have been stupid enough to misplace things or have things stolen.
Saturday 6 August 2011 8.13pm
Not just great that it happened but great that you posted about it. Stories like these spread the good vibes, and encourage trainee cynics (like me!) to realise there's a lot of good out there. Thanks.
Saturday 6 August 2011 10.45pm
Good news, indeed. Yes, there is good out there.....
Sunday 7 August 2011 10.52am
Great to know and had made my day.
Sunday 7 August 2011 1.14pm
I think James @ SE1 should do a news story on this. Why not?

"Kind anonymous SE1 resident returns wallet" etc.

News is always too bad!

A.
Monday 15 August 2011 12.34pm
Just to fill you in with what I did with the Money I ssid would give to charity.

On Saturday I was sitting outside Cafe Nero on The Cut at about midday and a Transit Van of Police men & women pulled up to go into Cafe Nero.

I bought all our hard working Police men and women a coffee. They have been on 12 hour shifts for the past 6 days.

You have ot give a little back in this world.
Monday 15 August 2011 12.39pm
Excellent.
Monday 15 August 2011 12.39pm
Nice one ;-)
Monday 15 August 2011 7.55pm
What goes around comes around.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: