weird smell coming from Josť extractor fan!?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 6 August 2011 11.01pm
There is a very strong, unusual smell coming from the extractor fan of Josť.
The fan faces out onto Leathermarket St and if you are going by, or even in the vicinity, it really is extremely pungent.
Saturday 6 August 2011 11.43pm
Agreed - I have noticed this smell since Jose opened - like stale oil mixed with meat and garlic?? It's very strong and makes me feel a bit queasy when I walk past. Jose looks amazing but I find this really off-putting.
Saturday 6 August 2011 11.43pm
Yes, indeed, hslc. I've noticed it since the place opened, in May, and always try to remember to turn my head away - it is exceedingly pungent. Even the dogs look disgusted....:p
Sunday 7 August 2011 1.14pm
me four..... turns my stomach...
Jac
Monday 8 August 2011 1.26pm
I walk past the extractor frequently and it doesn't help that it extracts out at so low so that you get a blast of hot smelly air over your head (and presumably those a bit taller than me in the face). I walk out into the road to avoid this whenever i the road is clear but its not an ideal situation. I also notice when they are actually cooking the smell is more pleasant but it fills the street, glad i dont live there.
Monday 8 August 2011 4.16pm
should they not be ensuring the extractor vents at a much higher level as this is a well used pedestrian area....planning or licencing depts at Southwark Council at all?
Tuesday 9 August 2011 11.22am
Hi Guys

I'm a director at Jose's and I just wanted to update you all on the situation with the extraction.

We have installed, at great expense a Purified Air extraction system which is supposed to completely mask all food odours. We are obviously having teething problems but I assure you we are working at remedying the situation asap. We have had technicians out constantly since the install as we are not happy with the situation either.

The head technician from Purified air was due out this morning to review the situation and discuss remedies, as we have made them aware that we are not happy with the situation and neither are our neighbours. Unfortunately he had to cancel due to problems caused by last nights disorder, but we have rescheduled for tommorrow.

I will update you further when I know whats happening.

Kind regards
Niall
Jose tapas bar
Tuesday 9 August 2011 11.44am
Thanks Niall for the update...appreciate being kept in the loop...lets hope they can get it sorted tomorrow....as Jose is such a good addition to the area.
Tuesday 9 August 2011 12.46pm
Good to hear that, Niall - thank you. I think Niall's earlier point is also relevant, regarding the height of the extractor. I'm 6'2" :p

I also hope to visit 'Jose's' one of these days; it's too crowded for me - so perhaps a late lunch!
Jac
Tuesday 9 August 2011 1.39pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Good to hear that, Niall - thank you. I think Niall's earlier point is also relevant, regarding the height of the extractor. I'm 6'2" :p
I also hope to visit 'Jose's' one of these days; it's too crowded for me - so perhaps a late lunch!

I'm guessing yo meant my comment re height.

Niall glad you are dealing with it, thanks any chance the air can be directed up as even if the smell is dealt with it still not pleasant getting a blast of hot air.

Have yet to visit you, but certainly on my list to do soon.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: