Tesco coming to More London/Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 8 August 2011 5.38pm
It looks like the supermarket space under PWC's More London offices in Tooley Street may have been taken by Tesco according to a licensing application:

http://app.southwark.gov.uk/Licensing/LicPremisesAppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=835341
Monday 8 August 2011 5.42pm
Be still my beating heart.

I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning and find a new Tesco Express in my bathroom, frankly.
Monday 8 August 2011 5.49pm
not another one...surely?
Zoe
Monday 8 August 2011 6.27pm
It would be quite convenient to have a Tesco's in your bathroom, but they'd really put up the prices.
Monday 8 August 2011 7.22pm
Yes it is a Tesco - the sign on the front states that Tesco stores is applying for an alcohol license. Get your club cards ready... :(
Monday 8 August 2011 8.55pm
i twas hoping it would be a waitrose, a bit of class, but guess we have to slum it with tesco, not sure why it has to be open till midnight, but guess it will come in handy for a late night french stick and hummous
Monday 8 August 2011 9.05pm
surprised More want their manor going so down-market
Monday 8 August 2011 9.10pm
I, for one, am excited. Excited at the prospect of having a decent sized supermarket within walking distance. Also will save me a fortune never having to buy fruit and veg from M and S! Feel bad for costcutter though :(
Monday 8 August 2011 9.30pm
it should have been waitrose! gutted...
Monday 8 August 2011 10.32pm
Another Tesco... god help us all
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: