Riots

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Monday 8 August 2011 6.56pm
Well the news has indicated that there have been 'incidents' in Lewisham, Peckham and New Cross. Take care out there people.
Monday 8 August 2011 7.19pm
Just seen someone tweeting about rioters in East St. Anyone know anything?
Monday 8 August 2011 7.32pm
Just to let you know, they've just closed the whole Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre. Tesco's chucked us out and then the centre security guard confirmed the whole building was closing!
Monday 8 August 2011 7.32pm
Those fires are scary, even worse that the fire brigade seem to take half an hour to turn up even when a blaze is televised. What a third world joke!
Monday 8 August 2011 7.49pm
I heard Jenny Jones (Green, London Assembly) wittering on the radio about how this situation will "regrettably" mean increased funding for the police, which apparently is a bad thing in her eyes. It is this type of soppy middle-class thinking that plays right into the hands of the criminals.
Plod should be out with water cannon and plastic bullets and all robbers nicked and incarcerated (no prison space? No worries, commandeer a football stadium and stick them on the pitch, a couple of nights out in the rain would dampen their spirits. These individuals are mindless, feral scum who have no interest in working and unfortunately breed like rabbits to produce more mindless, feral scum.
Enough is enough.
Monday 8 August 2011 8.04pm
Well I think that the issue around the suggestion of more funding of the police is that it's coming out of a limited pot of money. So a relatively small group of people will be causing money going from money supporting the general public to funding the police for one off events.
Monday 8 August 2011 8.04pm
Any trouble in Elephant/Walworth/New Kent Road areas? Take care!
Monday 8 August 2011 8.05pm
Why are there so many police in Hackney but so few in Peckham?
Monday 8 August 2011 8.06pm
A whole stream of riot vans and an ambulance just flew past me down TBR
Monday 8 August 2011 8.07pm
dronid wrote:
Well I think that the issue around the suggestion of more funding of the police is that it's coming out of a limited pot of money. So a relatively small group of people will be causing money going from money supporting the general public to funding the police for one off events.

Stop benefit payments to these morons and put that towards policing. Job done.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: