'Patrols' round SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 August 2011 2.19pm
After reading about the Sikhs guarding the temple and the turkish men stopping looters I'd be up for helping anyone with a business on or around Old Kent Road keep it safe.

I'm sure a few of us on the street helping to coordinate the police could be useful?

What do you think, am I being too 'wannabe hero'ish?
Tuesday 9 August 2011 7.52pm
Good for you, mrman. Once these idiots accept that they can't win, and have had their moment of glory, perhaps they'll go back to doing what they do best.....Sod all!
When I say 'win,' what is their agenda? Other than looting and causing criminal damage to the property and businesses of hard working, law abiding citizens who have spent years bulding these businesses. They are rebels without a cause, probably stirred up by televised images of the 'Arab spring,' and thinking, with their lager and drug-fed minds, that they can emulate it on the streets of this country.
Wednesday 10 August 2011 12.18pm
actually i think they are very bored kids who get constant media-fed messages about what they "should" have and have probably had a reasonably poor education (teachers to blame too here) and given the way society has evolved over the last 25 or so years have had very little idea of responsibility instilled in them with the much weaker family ties we now have for a lot of kids.....most of them probably have no idea about an Arab Spring...or anything else really

generalisations I know...but i don't think far from the truth

that said yes...time for the people who do put in to society to make sure they are protected and safe and that any help and assisstance to the police or anyone else trying to ensure public safety is very much to be encouraged
Thursday 11 August 2011 4.41pm
Some of these kids have just decided to join in what they call and think is fun and getting freebies out of it - stealing! Where were their parents when all of this was happening? Wouldn't you be demanding that your kids get home right away after seeing the dangers lurking out there? Regardless of how upset you are with society, the government etc.. this is supposed to be a civilised and liberal society, yet how can you let your kids droop so low. It's no wondering some of them turn to criem and violence.
I'm sure some of these people couldnt' careless as long as their kids bring something back. It is a perfect time for organised gangs to recruit and brain wash these young kids. I bet racism will soon come into the fight as an excuse for kids acting this way.

Kids these days have it easy. It's not just about poor education, or blaming soemone else. My parents were poorly educated, in fact didnt' even get any education. But all of my siblings have grown up to have decent jobs and families.

If you're going to have kids, then it's your responsibility to teach them rights and wrong. My mum was an orphan yet she learnt what was right and wrong.

I'm not saying it's easy being a parent(have had a handful of experience helping peoples kids), it's also very hard trying to get a balance. The law can also work against you. shout at your kids, then it's child abuse hence they know they can get away with it.

We should all build and protect our neighbourhoods just like the Turks and Sikhs did.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: