Kitchen Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 11 August 2011 7.07pm
what is the state of play with ex-Bermondsey Kitchen (now just Kitchen) . i know it is going to reopen as Pizarro in the autumn but it still seems to be trading albeit under its new management. worth a try?
Saturday 13 August 2011 12.23pm
I was in there last Wednesday and had a quick chat to Jose Pizarro. He's going to close in September and formally reopen as Pizarro in October.
At the moment it looks the same as in it's previous Bermondsey Kitchen guise, which is no bad think in my opinion. The menu is larger dishes than in Jose, starters and mains rather than tapas.
I thought the food was great and decent value, friendly service too and far more chilled out than Jose which is too crowded to really be enjoyable.
Looking forward to seeing what Jose does to the restaurant and menu in October but it's well worth a visit now before it relaunches and probably gets extremely busy!
Pen
Monday 15 August 2011 9.24am
The great thing is that a lot of the lovely Bermondsey Kitchen staff are still there.

I had the chicken livers on toast and they were amazing as was the dark chocolate mousse.
Monday 15 August 2011 11.04am
Pen wrote:
The great thing is that a lot of the lovely Bermondsey Kitchen staff are still there.
I had the chicken livers on toast and they were amazing as was the dark chocolate mousse.

I might pop down there for lunch...
Monday 15 August 2011 11.37am
is it going to get a facelift?, i am sure the food is still ok there but the'country kitchen' look is a little dated.
Monday 15 August 2011 11.56am
i am sure a refurb is on the cards...it does look very dated now. Jose Pizarro seems to becoming rather a celeb these days even earned a spot on Rick Stein's Spain. the grandfather of celeb chefs however seems to have gone quiet on the Union Street Cafe, no longer mentioned on Gordon Ramsay's website
Monday 15 August 2011 2.38pm
Quote:
I might pop down there for lunch...

Doh! They don't open at lunch. Yet.

boomshake wrote:
is it going to get a facelift?, i am sure the food is still ok there but the'country kitchen' look is a little dated.

A massive overhaul is planned in September. It'll become an entirely new place.
Monday 15 August 2011 2.46pm
Weeeeell, I suspect that in many senses it will still be the old place with new decor.

But I could be wrong.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 21 August 2011 11.43pm
You could be ....what makes you suspect that
Sunday 28 August 2011 2.27pm
We went last night and was amazing, today looks empty. Get down there before it shuts for refurb. Had great gazpacho, then mackerel, followed by figs and ice cream, hubbie had chilli prawns, chicken and orange almond cake. Best meal we had for ages and still some bermondsey kitchen staff there. Main courses were massive portion sizes. There will be a tapas bar and sit down restaurant. We were celebrating last night but wish to go again before its too busy that I can't get a table.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network