New Barbershop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 August 2011 12.49am
Near the tall house on Southwark street. Popped in the other day, he has been open a few months. Pretty good haircut and nice guy. And not too expensive.

I say 8.5/10. Or B++/A- Or... well you get the point.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Friday 12 August 2011 11.53am
red_bus wrote:
I say 8.5/10. Or B++/A- Or... well you get the point.

So just like sovereign debt?

More to the point, what does he cost?
Friday 12 August 2011 12.38pm
Mapmaker wrote:
More to the point, what does he cost?

And does he do that thing with burning the hairs off your ears with a naked flame?
Friday 12 August 2011 4.04pm
I recall about 9 for a clipper cut. Scrapy neck stuff but no singed ears pyrotechnics (sadly). Plus informative lecture on the geopolitical implications of the Kurdish diaspora.

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Friday 12 August 2011 4.05pm
PS. cheapest cut I normally get is 6 (yes really!) up the top of leather lane (EC1 not SE1), totally brilliant people too. :)

Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Friday 12 August 2011 4.24pm
Cheapest cut I used to get (I let it grow now) was 3.50 on Ball's Pond Rd! Not sure he's there now, but always entertaining. He claimed to be writing a book about how religion was wrong, though his analysis was a little random. Used to cut the hair of the street drinkers and homeless in the area as he enjoyed listening to their stories. Wouldn't say the cut was very good but I've always enjoyed finding the eccentric types and barbers often are. Cheapest cut I've ever had used to be the old boy in Brighton who used to charge a 1. 2.50 if it was long.
Saturday 20 August 2011 9.10pm
Just visited this place for the first time today and wanted to put in a good word for it!

I hadn't even realised there was a hairdressers there until I ran past it a couple of days ago, and upon discovering the hairdresser on great guilford street was closed for the day decided to give it a try...great decision. I was told they've only been open for 3 months; i'm not sure what was there before.

It was one of the best if not the best haircut I have ever had, and that includes a few years of paying extortionate female-focused salon prices thinking it would get me a better gents cut.

That alone probably wouldn't have inspired me to come here and advertise the place, but the owner (I think his name is 'Reb') was a fantastic guy who was a pleasure to talk to...price of the gents cut was also only 12. Absolutely fantastic and don't think I will be visiting a competing hairdresser anytime soon.

Just before anyone gets upset, I have absolutely no affiliation to the place or the owner other than having had my haircut there today. It honestly was just that good that I felt compelled to come here and write this.
Sunday 21 August 2011 10.50am
HenvY wrote:
i'm not sure what was there before.

Part of that Asian restaurant next door was in there, wasn't it? Somehow they seem to have decided to "half" the restaurant. Hope the hair doesn't go into the food!
Monday 22 August 2011 10.37am
There's an old-fashioned barber on the OKR just beyond B&Q who used to charge 5. Inflation over the last 3-4 years have taken it to nearer a tenner which seemed rather less good value.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: