Champor Champor - new management from September 1st

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 August 2011 2.19pm
Somebody just told me that Champor Champor, the superb restaurant on Weston Street is to change management and chef from 1st September.

I can only describe the food at Champor Champor as truly inspired. It serves, by far, the best food in SE1.
Wednesday 24 August 2011 3.56pm
That is also my understanding. I just received the following email from Charles, the restaurant owner:-

After almost 11 years at Champor-Champor, it is time for us to move on. Chef Adu Amran and I have been in negotiation to sell the restaurant and intend to step back from day-to-day operations with effect from 1st September 2011.

The new owners will continue to operate the restaurant as Champor-Champor with the same formula for the time being, and almost all the staff will be staying on. The phone numbers and website address will remain the same. And to ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible, we will continue to offer consultancy services and advice from behind the scenes during the coming months.

We would like to thank you for your support in the past, and would be delighted to see you again in the restaurant during the next couple of weeks before we officially take our leave. We also, of course, hope that you will continue to support the new team in future.

Chef Adu will continue to operate his popular cookery classes on Saturday afternoons in the restaurant kitchen until the end of November 2011. Next month he will be launching his own website, and we will keep you informed when this is fully launched and operational.

For menus and online bookings do visit our website or give us a call on 020 7403 4600.

‘Sampai Jumpa Lagi’ – we hope to see you again in future….

Charles and Chef Adu
Wednesday 8 February 2012 7.23pm
I wish you well. I had many a good night in there
Thursday 9 February 2012 10.46pm
Gosh, been meaning to try this place for ages, but never made it. Now that the head chef is gone, is the food still as good as before?
Sunday 12 February 2012 11.56am
I'd be interested in knowing that as well if anyone's been lately.
Monday 13 February 2012 5.32pm
I've always loved Champor Champor and have been several times. I walked past the other day and they've opened all the windows up so you can see in - and see the tables.

I know this probably makes sense so that people actually know that it's a restaurant (although I'm not sure how much passing trade Weston Street gets!) but I have a horrid feeling it will mean that the place has lost some of the wonderful inimacy that it had - the thing that helped make it such a good place to go for a romantic meal.

Again, I'm interested to hear of reports from recent customers.
Thursday 16 February 2012 10.56pm
If we don't hear anything soon, I may have to volunteer myself and the missus to go and pay a visit! We cannot do a before and after review though, so would be helpful if one of the old crowd can get back to us...
Thursday 1 March 2012 7.21pm
I love that restaurant. I hope to try it again soon.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: