The Rose, Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Wednesday 24 August 2011 6.38pm
What's happening to the Rose? It was always a great "secret" boozer and Paul is a good landlord. I liked the photo of Johnny Rotton and Sid Vicious eating a takeaway on the tour bus. Also the mystery mural all along the back wall. Has anyone else found the mystery in this painting?
Tuesday 30 August 2011 12.49pm
As far as I know it is closed for refurb. Not sure how long for, but hopefully they aren't refurbing it too much, as the decor is part of the charm in there.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 12.54pm
There was a planning application thingy ages ago. If it is to do with that, he's knocking the single story down and building flats. Not sure if the pub will keep the ground floor.
The Rose is the most mixed pub I've ever known. Hope it doesn't change too much.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 2.57pm
It is boarded up.. it says keep out demolition site.
But there is no application note that we can see..
Friday 2 September 2011 12.45pm
The building is now half demolished.

It is going to be raised one floor. New building with flats and dining/pub/bar/whatever space at the bottom.

The usual thing...
Friday 2 September 2011 2.13pm
That's a lot smaller than the planning application.
Saturday 10 September 2011 7.26pm
harry yanos wrote:
What's happening to the Rose? It was always a great "secret" boozer and Paul is a good landlord. I liked the photo of Johnny Rotton and Sid Vicious eating a takeaway on the tour bus. Also the mystery mural all along the back wall. Has anyone else found the mystery in this painting?

I would never call an old boozer like The Rose a secret.
It may not sell lattes & it's Álient base may not frequent the internet to much but it is (was) the real deal, smells & all.
The guvnor as I found him was harsh at times (often) but he went up against some of the meanest of the old school Bermers brigade & stood his ground. He's a proper moody git at times & I could see why some don't take to him.
I've fallen out with the fella myself on more than one occasion but there again he's been there for 25 years so I'd assume most on here would have crossed swords with him(?)
They lost two of their old boys this year.
Archie in January & Patsy this week. Both 86,
RIP to them & the old Rose
Saturday 10 September 2011 7.28pm
Plus the boy knew how to wear a whistle
Saturday 10 September 2011 7.37pm
Disclaimer:
ere... don't know the place... no connection blah blah blah
Saturday 10 September 2011 8.33pm
Let's hope the new Rose is the old Rose. Just say no to lattes!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: