The Rose, Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10
Thursday 25 April 2013 2.48pm
well i do stand corrected then
Thursday 25 April 2013 2.50pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
If each property is individually leased and run as a seperate business by seperate people, then I'd say they are not owned by the same people. .... (not that I'm an expert).
I'm sorry, but it's quite simple.

Very few restaurants own their premises. Why would they? How could they be expected to afford the cost of buying the building?

FFSE1 is simply saying that the owner OF ALL THE BUILDINGS is the same person (or company). The buildings are then leased out to different businesses.

This is what happens pretty much everyhere.

Don't apologise - that's exactly how I pictured.
Thursday 25 April 2013 3.33pm
Guy's street wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
If each property is individually leased and run as a seperate business by seperate people, then I'd say they are not owned by the same people. .... (not that I'm an expert).

Very few restaurants own their premises. Why would they? How could they be expected to afford the cost of buying the building?

FFSE1 is simply saying that the owner OF ALL THE BUILDINGS is the same person (or company). The buildings are then leased out to different businesses.

Shame that wasn't what you said. Then I wouldn't have wasted time trying to clarify it for you.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 25 April 2013 3.35pm
Could we keep the tone a bit less confrontational, please?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 25 April 2013 4.36pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Guy's street wrote:

Shame that wasn't what you said. Then I wouldn't have wasted time trying to clarify it for you.

I wrote:

"Are you saying that the buildings are all owned by the same people/company? If each property is individually leased and run as a seperate business by seperate people, then I'd say they are not owned by the same people. In essence, 'Jose' is not the building itself, but the business that occupies that building. "

I was asking whether he was implying the buildings were owned by the same people, or whether the businesses were. Which is what you went on to clarify. So I'd say that was what I said, and whether you chose to spend your time clarifying it is up to you, but I was really wanting FFSE1 to clarify because he was being a bit cryptic.

James and Nigel seem to know the score though, that the various businesses discussed have mutual investors behind them, so it would seem we're not neccessarily any clearer on who owns the freeholds (unless, Ivanhoe, you do know that they are all owned by the same person/people?).
Thursday 25 April 2013 4.36pm
anyway is it going to be open any time soon?
Thursday 25 April 2013 6.12pm
Yes, to get this thread back on track, it would be nice to see the Rose open again !
Thursday 25 April 2013 7.03pm
i stuck my nose in a few week ago and the builders were building the bar and laying down a nice parquet floor!
can't be long now.
Thursday 25 April 2013 10.33pm
I dunno tom - I walk past every day, and I stuck my nose in this morning. It looks far from being ready. If the door is open tomorrow I will take a quick pic.
Friday 26 April 2013 10.14am
The usual suspects James Hatts the usual suspects who know it all .......
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network