Borough Market news

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 August 2011 11.30pm
Interesting news article on the changes in management. Too late for the wholesalers, let's hope they have better luck at bermondsey spa.

Related news & features

Thursday 25 August 2011 8.52am
Yes. It is interesting.

But I find the article on the london SE1 web too rushed and written like a collage of undeveloped info.
Very difficult to comment in my view. But as you said: interesting news.
Thursday 25 August 2011 11.06am
"But I find the article on the london SE1 web too rushed"

I don't really know what you expect.How in depth can the reporting of a new appointment be.It has a statement from Borough Market management and a quote from Mr Davis himself.Pretty solid journalism .James is usually the first to "Press" on all matters se1.A simple google news search reveals that nobody else has reported this event,other than news portals which are repeating the SE1 article.I think its called "breaking news"

Other news coups involve the reporting of Vinoplis intention to have stalls and "Southwark Council promotes 'Borough feel' in Bermondsey" .Borough Market management really needs to realise it has serious problems
Thursday 25 August 2011 11.27am
Sorry Nigel, I did not know that we have to play the violin (or the trumpet) for James everytime.. I think James is professional enough to take comments.

I just said what I think.. Very skecthy. As you said: Breaking news! Is more for adrenaline than other.

As is BM intention to go on with wholesale and primary produce as well, than Bermondsey Spa.. than Maltby than Vinopolis...

Wait for a while and see? Maybe is what I would say..
Thursday 25 August 2011 12.53pm
Hi Orione,
did you not become a staunch supporter of BM policies after a meeting with Ms. Reagon?
The fact that she quit may mean that she realised those policies were wrong. Or it may be that she played the violin (or the trumpet) to your ears just to make you believe everything was great and perfect when it was not.
What do you think?
Thursday 25 August 2011 1.39pm
Hey yckfjdue??"*! why you take it so personal?

I still believe what I said then.
But if you have more accurate details to give us why don't you go ahead and share it?

I just hope the market will thrive, with the old or the new management.. even was you to manage it!
So calm down.

I just said that the article is thin and not enough developed to allow useful comments. At least from my side. In fact I will wait for more info.

Thank you.
Thursday 25 August 2011 5.59pm
<yawn>

Here we go again!

Another boring Borough Market thread quickly descending into name calling and polarised bickering.

Let me make a quick note of this thread so I can ignore it - done.

OK folks - please carry on...
Thursday 25 August 2011 6.31pm
Agreed BSB. It's impossible to have a sensible discussion...
Thursday 25 August 2011 8.52pm
nigel wrote:
"But I find the article on the london SE1 web too rushed"
I don't really know what you expect.How in depth can the reporting of a new appointment be.It has a statement from Borough Market management and a quote from Mr Davis himself.Pretty solid journalism .James is usually the first to "Press" on all matters se1.A simple google news search reveals that nobody else has reported this event,other than news portals which are repeating the SE1 article.I think its called "breaking news"

Other news coups involve the reporting of Vinoplis intention to have stalls and "Southwark Council promotes 'Borough feel' in Bermondsey" .Borough Market management really needs to realise it has serious problems
On the Vinopilis plans,I hope the new management are up to the task of opposing it ,as my understanding of statute law there should already be in place a law forbidding another market within a 1000yds of an existing market,obviously it would only fragment the existing market which is in a very fragile state.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: