Pub quiz on Thurs night in SE1 - or nearby

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 25 August 2011 2.57pm
We're trying to find a pub quiz somewhere near London Bridge/Borough tonight, but struggling at the moment. Any suggestions? Happy to travel a bit further afield...
Thursday 25 August 2011 3.53pm
Don't quote me but I think Thursday is quiz night at The Ship near-ish Lambeth North, if that's not too much further afield.
Thursday 25 August 2011 4.22pm
Which street? Or rough location? Not the Ship on Borough Road? That used to do pub quiz on Thursday nights but have just found out they've stopped them...
Thursday 25 August 2011 4.26pm
Quick search online brings up Ship on Kennington Road, just down from Lambeth N tube. Guess you mean that one. Looks promising...
Thursday 25 August 2011 9.02pm
I'll never go to another pub quiz again as long as I live. I'm still cringing from the time I took the missiz to one and one of the questions was, 'Where would you find the Northern Lights?'
She shouted out, "Blackpool!"
Thursday 25 August 2011 10.47pm
chalkey wrote:
I'll never go to another pub quiz again as long as I live. I'm still cringing from the time I took the missiz to one and one of the questions was, 'Where would you find the Northern Lights?'
She shouted out, "Blackpool!"

You may have been kidding there Chalkey, but this is a true story.
A few years back my wife and I were roped in to make up the numbers in a Youngs Brewery inter-pub quiz.
We were away to a pub in Pimlico, my wife was asked, "Other than composing, for what is Frederic Chopin famous?"
She gazed imploringly at me across the table and I subtly and slowly drummed my fingers on it's surface.
Her face lit up, "He invented the typewriter!" she exclaimed.
It is right, cheats never prosper.
Friday 26 August 2011 8.27am
Yes, sorry, I meant the one on Kennington Road! Can't vouch for it - tried to go after work once which is why I remember, but we ended up somewhere else instead.
Friday 26 August 2011 8.38am
There is a pub quiz in Brittania pub, Kipling street on Thursday night. 5 mins from london bridge.
Friday 26 August 2011 10.11am
Just for reference, the Ship is under new management and has temporarily cancelled its pub quiz. We were assured it would be back soon, but on a Monday or Tuesday night. Nice pub though! Thanks for all your help.
Friday 2 September 2011 1.23pm
anyone tried the Britannia Thurs quiz yet? there's a thread under Socials on the topic of pub quizzes - worth a look if anyone wants to suggest a date to get an SE1 team along...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: