Nuisance from Cable club on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 29 August 2011 12.02pm
Is is just me, or is the fallout from the overnight club sessions getting messier? Last Sunday lunchtime I saw two seperate guys passed out on the pavement and a third being tended in an ambulance. Today there were people sitting on the pavement cutting (what I assume to be) coke.

Now I'm no prude, nor I hope a NIMBY, but this just feels wrong. Decayed, somehow. Not what I want to see in my cherished neighbourhood.
Monday 29 August 2011 7.15pm
crucifix on crucifix ditto
who needs to club to 0800?
Monday 29 August 2011 7.43pm
Whilst I've got no problem with people taking cocaine I would be horrified if I thought a kid could see it. I think I'd have called the police.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 12.56pm
i passed there on monday morning, a pus pulled up right outside and i wanted to safely pass past it.. a boy and a girl were sat on he curb with their legs in the road.. they looked on 'a downer ; to say the least..
i asked them to move.. they gestured for me to go past.. i would have taken their feet off.. they were oblivious. i asked again ,, nothing.. i gestured to the bouncer ,. who ignored me and ignored them.

i am afraid i gave them an earful on the way past,, when the bus moved on..

i have also experienced an austrlian male walking do berm st punching cars and abusing strangers.. early sun morning,, after exiting the club..

nast nasty club..
Tuesday 30 August 2011 2.19pm
If these things are going on, Do the police ever patrol there when the club is on?
It is not a hidden and secret place.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 3.18pm
i doubt it.. most of the people usually disperse ok,..but it certainly isnt a nice site to see ravers on a massive comedown bumbling about the street,, i think part of the problem is that a lot of them dont seem to have much cash left and seem to be hanging around figuring out where they are and how to get home..
Tuesday 30 August 2011 9.30pm
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't report anything at the time as I was running - had no phone. I did talk to one of the police that were there on the earlier Sunday but the guy said that although they don't like the effect the club's having on the surrounding area they find their objections don't get taken that seriously. Am gonna put togther a proper complaint over the next couple of days.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 7.17am
I live literally behind the club and seem to, on a regular basis, get woken up by people leaving the club on Saturday and Sunday mornings (from around 4am onwards). A lot of the time there are fights or just groups shouting, playing music from their cars etc incredibly loudly. I appreciate that I live in central London and its the weekend but I feel that if it was 'policed' a little better people would move on home but I agree with a previous poster who says they just don't seem to, or cant afford to go anywhere else!

Haven't seen any drug taking, but did take my visiting parents out for breakfast one Sunday to see people staggering around at about 11am walking into the paths of on coming traffic on Bermondsey Street.
Its detrimental to the area.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 8.37am
It should be down to the club owner to see that people are leaving quietly. I know many pubs have signs up asking you to leave quietly at midnight, so why should a club be different at 4am. Can you complain to the licensing department to get the license revoked?
Wednesday 31 August 2011 9.30am
That is not a pub. People are so stoned when they go out that cannot even locate themselves. I had to repeat 4 times the way to the station to a guy who behaved and looked like a beggar. But was brain washed by alcohol, heavy music and maybe drugs. It is just the wrong place for that club. Specially in one year when the shard and the shamgri-la hotel will be there. Between the shard and bermondsey street. Can you find a odder place for that?
Only a petition from the public can raise awareness in my view.

The shunt was creative and artistic. This is just rave party.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: