Noise from Ministry of Sound

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 29 August 2011 12.05pm
Am I the only one who was disturbed all through the night by the extremely loud base from MOS last night?
Monday 29 August 2011 7.41pm
Whereabouts are you?
Tuesday 30 August 2011 12.05pm
We are just behind Borough Tube station and the MOS base was so loud that at about 4am when they cranked it up my bed was shaking It finally stopped at 7am ! Looking at the MOS info they have evidently introduced sound proofing..
Tuesday 30 August 2011 1.25pm
Are you sure it's from there? It doesn't seem possible that it could reach that far.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 3.12pm
Exactly .... definitely from MOS as we have heard it before here... also checked and there was an event on that finished at 7am that night/day and it did go off dead on 7am.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 9.41pm
I live behind Borough Tube and did not hear anything on Sunday night.

Also MOS is near Elephant and Castle tube and I cannot believe the noise would travel up to Borough tube without upsetting most of SE1.

It is more likely to be a flat or pub nearer you that caused the noise.

I do sympathize as noise late at night is invasive and upsetting. If it happens again I would get up and see if you locate the source of the noise more accurately. Southwark Council takes noise pollution very seriously.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 10.35pm
Keith McIntosh wrote:
Also MOS is near Elephant and Castle tube and I cannot believe the noise would travel up to Borough tube without upsetting most of SE1.

It is more likely to be a flat or pub nearer you that caused the noise.

I have to agree. I would hear it also. MoS music isn't travelling that far...
Tuesday 30 August 2011 11.03pm
Yeah I didn't hear a thing and live pretty close.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 11.04pm
Begging the question - where was it coming from?!

(I agree it couldnt have been MOS - I live quite close and was walking home during that timeframe and heard nothing like the description above.)
Tuesday 30 August 2011 11.15pm
I spoke to a friend of mine on Lant Street who couldn't here anything.
There's just no way sound could travel through buildings on both sides of Borough Road and both sides of Great Suffolk Street, the distance covered by the estate till Lant Street and then through the buildings on the north of Lant Street.
If you call the noise team I'm pretty sure you can get them to come to you and then they will go and find the source.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: