O2 reception in Shad Thames..finally?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 2.40pm
Hi All
Just thought I'd send a quick post since after having given up obtaining any reception on O2 anywhere in Shad Thames as a lost cause, yesterday my phone started picking up maximum bars inside my flat! Not sure if others have noticed this or even if it's been improved for a while but thought I'd let others know.
Currently in the Circle and am getting good reception in the living room and medium in the bedroom and this was also true this morning.
If this is permanent, it means O2 customers will finally have long awaited reception in the area.
Tuesday 30 August 2011 5.18pm
Hi Paz -

Finally! I've been battling with O2 for months now. I too am in the Circle and have awful reception. Whilst I am somewhat tolerant of that, what I find so painful is that on the streets - Queen Elizabeth, Gainsford, Tooley and Shad Thames in particular - I also don't have reception.

I've got a Galaxy S II and haven't been able to determine whether it was the phone / SIM or network quality. Do you have a smartphone?

Tuesday 30 August 2011 5.44pm
Hi Chris
Great to 'meet' you. Are you north or south side?
I'm on the north and hopefully the reception is still there tonight and will extend to you also.
I also have a Galaxy S2 and have no issues with it with regards to reception except WiFi reception which is terrible.
I can't quite remember whether I get 2g or 3g reception but will double check tonight..
Tuesday 30 August 2011 8.52pm
I live in Shad Thames and seem to have maximum bars too - when I first moved in a few months back I could only use the phone whilst standing near to the window but now it seems to work everywhere.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 10.59am
Interesting! They must have finally got permission to put an aerial on one of the buildings in the area. I work on the corner of Shad Thames and Jamaica Road, and as soon as I walked onto Q.E.S. my bars would drop to zero. Will watch with interest next time I go there!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: