New Boiler

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 6.10pm
I am having to spend quiet a lot of money on a new boiler can anyone give me any advice? I have 3 boilers to choose from;
1. Glowwarm Flexicom CX24
2.Valliant ecoPro 24
3.Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24.

Looking forward to any comments!
Thanks!
Jane
Wednesday 31 August 2011 9.21pm
I installed a valliant 8 years ago, it was a combi, its the best boiler i have ever had, its never given me any problems and warms up a 3 bed with no hassle, i have hot water 24 hours too.

If you want to see which boiler/brand is recommended by non biased/independent reviews, try Which? you can join for 1 pound for a trial and if you cancel within 1 month, you pay nothing more, highly recommended.

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/heating-water-and-electricity/reviews/boilers/

Hope you find a boiler that suits your needs and provides you with a life long service.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 9.42pm
I can highly recommend the Worcester Bosch.
Mine is also a Combi Boiler with constant hot water with an ECO Button.

I agree totally with the comment above.

All the best
Wednesday 31 August 2011 10.50pm
hi there,

I recently had my boiler changed over and after many quotes I can safely say what you should be looking for in your quotes is someone that is prepared to do it in a day, that is a good sign that they know what they are doing. Don't let them fool you into thinking it's a three day job and charge you the earth!

We found ours through rated tradesman where you can specify exactly what needs doing and people will call you with quotes etc.

Also be sure that you don't get British Gas to do it as they will charge the Earth and only get a sub contractor to do it, so you can cut out the middle man and save yourself money by staying away from them!

Good luck!

PS got the Wocester Bosh, love it! but we got the 28i, though it might be worth it to pay the bit extra for the one up because you will get more hot water per flow rate stuff.
Wednesday 31 August 2011 11.18pm
Had a Vaillant installed two years ago. Totally satisfied with it. Hot water on demand 24/7, central heating to order and........... my gas bill has decreased.
Money well spent.
Thursday 1 September 2011 7.49am
Thank You so much!
Thursday 1 September 2011 7.50am
Thats brilliant many thanks.
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.39pm
WB always seem to get the votes.

And go for one a size bigger than you ever think you would need - otherwise your bath will take weeks to fill.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: