French Conversation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 31 August 2011 10.46pm
Hello
does anyone have any recommendations for French Conversation classes, either one to one or group in SE1? Any pointers much appreciated!
Thanks
Cara
Wednesday 31 August 2011 11.00pm
I'll be interested in this.

Quand j'etais très jeune j'ai parlé français très bien, mais maintenant je suis vieux et parfois j'oublie les mots.

Any mistakes here, grammar, spelling, whatever, give me a break, I'm not bad for an old cab driver who paid attention in school years ago.
Thursday 1 September 2011 8.48am
Morley college to tons of French conversation classes.
http://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/courses/search?department=&keywords=french&page=1
Five pages of classes there, several of conversation.

There are some more informal/social groups here
http://french.meetup.com/cities/gb/17/london/
though they're not necessarily in SE1.
Thursday 1 September 2011 9.48am
Or just keep your ears open....on my way from Bermondsey Street to Maltby Street a few Saturday mornings ago (I know, I know...), I heard exclusively French being spoken, mostly by young families. That's two demographic observations for the price of one.

I have long thought that Bermondsey is to London what <<le Marais>> is to Paris.

Vive l'entente cordiale!
Thursday 1 September 2011 11.55am
I enjoyed taking Italian lessons from these guys and they have French as well:

http://www.french-lessons-london.co.uk/

Not SE1 but a short trip across the river.
Thursday 1 September 2011 8.29pm
ceity slicker wrote:

I have long thought that Bermondsey is to London what <<le Marais>> is to Paris.

Vive l'entente cordiale!

As the literal translation of un marais is a marsh, or a swamp, I'm not sure how the good burghers of Bermondsey would take that!
Thursday 1 September 2011 9.22pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
ceity slicker wrote:

Vive l'entente cordiale!

As the literal translation of un marais is a marsh, or a swamp, I'm not sure how the good burghers of Bermondsey would take that!

Given a knowledge of the history of the area, they would regard it as entirely appropriate. The area was once a mix of marsh & gravel with a few drier patches where settlement first appeared.
Friday 2 September 2011 6.30am
janefs wrote:
Tom Pepper wrote:
ceity slicker wrote:

Vive l'entente cordiale!

Given a knowledge of the history of the area, they would regard it as entirely appropriate. The area was once a mix of marsh & gravel with a few drier patches where settlement first appeared.

Nom du chien! Pardonnez mon erreur!
Friday 2 September 2011 10.17am
Slightly o/t but I do Spanish classes at Morley and can recommend them.
HAQ
Saturday 3 September 2011 2.45pm
I have a great French teacher. I have had many french teachers in the past and I have to say she is by far the best. If you are interested, I can send you her contact details by Private message.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: