NO BROADBAND service owing to CLBER exchange flood

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 September 2011 1.59pm
Anyone else got no broadband / got an update regarding this?

I haven't had broadband all week allegedly because of a flood at the exchange.

Or is this just the usual Sky fobbing me off blaming BT Openreach?

At times like this I wish I could get cable!!!!
Thursday 1 September 2011 2.18pm
I live in Shad Thames (with Be Broadband (part of O2)) and I have broadband. I also appreciate that doesn't help you! ;)
Thursday 1 September 2011 2.29pm
Hmm, thanks. I probably should have said that I am near Bermondsey Square and allegedly lots of people have this problem.....

Perhaps I should bever have left Shad Thames!!!
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.06pm
As I understand it there are two main BT exchanges in SE1 (into which other providers can these days put their kit too): called Southbank and Southwark.

From its location I'm guessing the Southwark one serves Bermondsey. And if there has been a flood there, it could easily have affected one company's equipment more than others'.

I'm served by Southbank (after a long painful installation process through Openreach), was away till last night but, apart from the odd failed page till I refresh, it seems fine.
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.25pm
I'm next to the Alaska building, also on Sky, also on the CLBER exchange, and no problems here. Sky seem to be fobbing you totally off.
Thursday 1 September 2011 5.42pm
Well, thanks to all for your help. Has enabled me to send off a blistering complaint to Sky.
Thursday 1 September 2011 10.18pm
I'm in City Walk and all is fine with AOL. I didn't even know what CLBER stands for, but maybe this will help:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CLBER
Friday 2 September 2011 2.37pm
The Soutwark exchange is on Great Dover Street, near where it meets Tabard Street / Long Lane. There is an exchange called Bermondsey somewhere below / beyond Bermondsey Tube Station (I don't know the location of it).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: