Possible bicycle theft yesterday @ Tabard/Silvester

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 September 2011 4.10pm
I walked along Tabard Street early yesterday morning (about 7 am) and I saw two men who looked as if they were using a spanner or similar on a bicycle and/or its lock at the bike stands on the corner of Tabard Street and Silvester Street. I was wary of approaching them and I didn't call the police since I did not have a phone with me and I was rushing to get the train to connect to my flight. Of course, they may have just been struggling with a stiff lock, but it didn't look like that to me and they didn't come across as cyclists commencing an early morning commute.

If anyone had a bicycle lose parts/get stolen from there yesterday then let me know. There was a transit truck with its engine running that seemed to belong to them and I noted the license plate.

Also, does anyone think that if it would be productive if I report this to the police (not knowing if any crime has actually occurred)?
Thursday 1 September 2011 4.34pm
I would have thought it was well worth emailing the Chaucer Safer Neighbourhood Team - chaucer.snt@met.police.uk - if nothing else.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 September 2011 4.58pm
Thanks James, I will do that.
Saturday 10 September 2011 2.43am
My boyfriend had a bike stolen from just outside the Tesco on Long lane last year -- so very close. I reported it, but nothing ever came of it as is often the case.
We'd popped into Tesco for 5 minutes and that was enough for them to cut the lock and take the bike -- leaving my much less valuable bike behind.
Saturday 10 September 2011 11.03pm
Today two guys were trying to steel a bike from Crosby estate when residents were clearly telling them off. It was around 2pm. It took time before they moved away. At the beginning they were faking like nothing was going on. Outrageous. The police is never there when needed...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: