"London's ugliest buildings"

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 2 September 2011 3.43pm
Most of MSN's nominations for Britain's ugliest building are in London, and three are in SE1:

http://travel.uk.msn.com/travel-advice/are-these-britains-ugliest-buildings
Monday 5 September 2011 10.05pm
I must be going around in a daze,it wasn't until I saw Sea Containers' House mentioned that I really looked close and realised that the criticism is quite correct.If it hadn't been given a few golden bits and pieces then it would have been a complete eyesore.
Thursday 23 February 2012 12.19pm
Sea Containers House currently being attacked by a giant mechanical dragon. One - or more - of the huge golden baubles from the roof have been removed, it was sitting in the car park for a few days but now it's gone.
Thursday 23 February 2012 12.54pm
across the river from tate modern...including the school...hideous! (with the obvious exception of st paul's)
Thursday 23 February 2012 12.58pm
One of the joys of walking along the Southbank is that you can't see the buildings.Only the Oxo tower and Tate modern have any merit. Ther rest is appaling dross.

I can't see how they could leave out the KPMG/Mermaid complex by Blackfriars. Quite awful. Almost worth paying someone to blow it up.

Glad to see One New Change in the list. How the City planners allowed it to be put bang opposite St Pauls is a mystery. it is known in the Corporation's planning departments as the "stealth t*rd". Stand back and have a look.
Thursday 23 February 2012 1.08pm
Link to the article is blocked from my office - but I'm hoping Palestra is on the list? And the Thistle Hotel at St Katharine Docks?
Monday 27 February 2012 9.59am
I'd definitely agree with the hotel at St Katherine's Dock. It is a monstrosity.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 12.04am
Mini Haha wrote:
Link to the article is blocked from my office - but I'm hoping Palestra is on the list? And the Thistle Hotel at St Katharine Docks?

No argument about the ugliness of the hotel, but it is the Tower Guoman now, or Guoman Tower, not part of the Thistle chain anymore.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 7.50am
Is there an unknown planning rule in Southwark that copious amounts of glass cladding are compulsory
Tuesday 28 February 2012 8.19am
[i']Is there an unknown planning rule in Southwark that copious amounts of glass cladding are compulsory'[/i]

It's the cheaper, less imaginative option.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: