Cheshire police - Trinity Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 3 September 2011 2.32pm
If Cheshire's wondering where its police have gone, they're all at the end of Trinity Street. They're there -according to the police officer I spoke to - for the EDL march. Thought that was in Tower Hamlets - unless anyone knows different!
Saturday 3 September 2011 4.10pm
The EDL have just marched across Tower Bridge, I did not wait around after the RV1 came to a halt, lots of Police and Horses and Helicopters.
Zoe
Saturday 3 September 2011 4.25pm
They didn't get into Tower Hamlets, but they have no place in Southwark either, keep them on the North side.
Saturday 3 September 2011 4.25pm
That explains why Snowsfields is full of traffic.
A banned march by violent evil thugs is allowed to go ahead but peaceful protesters get kettled.
Saturday 3 September 2011 4.34pm
Grampian and also Strathclyde in Tooley Street at 17:15.
Saturday 3 September 2011 4.56pm
The EDL have a strong following of football supporters,I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall was represented especially as there was no game today
Saturday 3 September 2011 5.00pm
It takes a lot of money to police Millwall, all the bloody time.
Saturday 3 September 2011 5.14pm
Why should they have been let across the bridge? FFS the government even seemed concerned to protect not only the east end but Islington from these creeps, yet not us.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14775154 :

"Home Secretary Theresa May had imposed a ban on marching in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Islington, Hackney and the City of London."

Where's Simon Hughes? He should be demanding some answers on our behalf.
Saturday 3 September 2011 5.46pm
Why was Tower Bridge not raised?
Saturday 3 September 2011 6.00pm
I've been on the bridge (trying to cross to the North side) when the EDL marched through it and the police was acting slightly silly, shouting at people "move off the bridge! now! quickly!", almost creating a panic among crowded people with children & prams. Many of the police seemed quite nervous. Not very professional, IMHO.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: