Cheshire police - Trinity Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Paul Saturday 3 September 2011 6.06pm
Good point. I know that for shipping, the bridge authority needs several days notice but in this instance raising the bridge would have been a simple and hilariously effective solution, making the EDL look even more foolish than they already are. PG Wodehouse has yet to be upstaged however.
Boroman Saturday 3 September 2011 6.24pm
Paul wrote:
in this instance raising the bridge would have been a simple and hilariously effective solution

Even more so if they'd shooed the marchers on to it, then pressed the button and told em to keep going....
Zoe Saturday 3 September 2011 8.50pm
The bridge should have been raised, and also, the guards from the Tower of London should have come out brandishing those axe things, shouting off with their heads.

I don't think it was Millwall fans, the EDL were all put on coaches or came in to the main railway stations, rather than local. There were also no Millwall flags, which I think there would have been.
beetroot Saturday 3 September 2011 8.57pm
Most millwall fans come in at London Bridge, Zoe. A minority are local.
Zoe Saturday 3 September 2011 9.00pm
Yeah, good point. Well it's still true that most weren't from Bermondsey then, which is good!!
beetroot Saturday 3 September 2011 9.05pm
I think they they should get a geneticist and a top modelling agency talent scout on the news to discuss why edl members are so astonishingly ugly. Perhaps it's the cause of they're bitterness?
Rambling Phil Saturday 3 September 2011 11.01pm
I saw some of them on Tooley Street earlier, and the photos on the news pages here.

Shouldn't the master race look a bit more impressive?
Roman Sunday 4 September 2011 8.53am
"I think they they should get a geneticist and a top modelling agency talent scout on the news to discuss why edl members are so astonishingly ugly."

Bad diet, nicotine & alcohol abuse (not that it's just EDL fans who abuse these, a lot of British women smoke so much that they will look like hags when they're 50) and hatred + aggression.

Well, of course there is also the theory that they are carrying the missing strains of Neanderthal DNA, but we'd need to dissect a few specimens to prove it.
Roman Sunday 4 September 2011 8.55am
"Shouldn't the master race look a bit more impressive?"

Well, you always have Breivik.
orione Sunday 4 September 2011 9.33am
Question out of ignorance: I browse their website as I did not know them. They are clearly right wing "defending" Britishness, but they are milder than I expected in their affirmations.
Is that just the appearance they give of themselves? Is this something different from BNP?
It is east based as well I think...

Just to get informed. Thank you
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions