3 cats found dead in 5 days

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 3 September 2011 3.31pm
3 different cats from Crosby Row off Long Lane, have been found dead in their back garden this week, has anyone else in this area heard anything?
Will be reporting this Monday to council.
Just rather worried about all animals now in this area, as I have also seen 2 dead birds too today.
Saturday 3 September 2011 6.24pm
I have seen a very very large and fat and angry looking pigeon in the vicinity...

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Saturday 3 September 2011 7.58pm
Shocked to hear about the dead cats.

Someone loved and cared for those animals, and will mourn their loss.

Please ignore the childish and puerile post by "red_bus" - and please keep us informed.
Saturday 3 September 2011 11.20pm
How distressing for the owners - I hope they get to the bottom of this.
Sunday 4 September 2011 9.27am
Thanks, its very worrying, no one seems to know what has caused this, all 3 cats were under 5 years old.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 10.57pm
I live very close to Crosby Row and on several occasions have seen a fox and heard them too over the last 5 years, this, or they maybe the culprit.
Wednesday 7 September 2011 7.48am
I doubt a fox is the culprit. Foxes usually have a healthy respect for cats and only attack defenceless creaures, such as the two guinnea pigs we had carried off when I got distracted one evening and forgot to put the lid back on the run after cleaning them out. Up to recently we had a sixteen year-old cat who was not very active and who was blind for the last year of her life. However, she refused to stay indoors during the day and preferred to sit outside on the bench. I have seen foxes walk past her, stop and look at her and then move on. They could not have known she was blind, they just didn't want to get involved.
Sadly, I suspect the reason for the three poor cats' demise could be poisoning. Either accidental, by partaking of the same piece of somehow infected carrion, or by a disgruntled neighbour who may have got fed up with them fouling his garden.
Wednesday 7 September 2011 12.35pm
Cats love car engine coolant, which is sweet but toxic.
Thursday 8 September 2011 9.02am
I also think that the cats might be poisoned. Either engine coolant, or some rude people..

Thursday 8 September 2011 9.39am
Yesterday I spoke to a resident there who told me his cat died last week and also another cat from next block a couple of months ago. He did not know about this thread. So it could be two other cats.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: