Loooking for a good tailor to alter a suit

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 September 2011 10.33am
Can anyone recommend a good tailor who could narrow my suit? I lost a bit of weight since I bought it :D and it's too big for me now. I'd need the tailor to look at it and tell me honestly if it's possible at all, so their honesty is as important as skill.
Sunday 4 September 2011 11.00am
I have used two to alter suits:

London Fashion Workrooms in covent garden (Parker street I think), and George Dyer (at the top of the Walworth road). Both were quite good.

If it is a good (i.e. well made) suit then it will be possible. It will also not be cheap, so if you are a standard size it may be cheaper for you to get a new suit. Having said that I think it is worth paying for something that really fits well.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Zoe
Sunday 4 September 2011 11.59am
George Dyer on Walworth Road is good. I also think you might want to just buy a new one, or see if you have handy friend who'll do it for free, as it is expensive.

You might get fatter again as well, many women have two sets of clothes for just that purpose!
Sunday 4 September 2011 12.20pm
Also recommend George Dyer, but you need to make an appointment to visit -

Threadneedleman Tailors
187a Walworth Road,London,SE17 1RW
APPOINTMENTS: 0207 701 9181

Website here
Sunday 4 September 2011 1.07pm
I see. Thanks for the answers. It seems that it's either buy a new one in London vs get the old one altered in Warsaw, when I'm there (waaaay cheaper).
Monday 5 September 2011 8.53am
Dry cleaners in Lower Marsh do alterations at reasonable rate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: