Leaving SE1- sob!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
CVM
Tuesday 6 September 2011 8.30am
Hello fellow SE1ers,
I'm afraid after six and a half happy years living in London Bridge and after two children we are having to find pastures new (or maybe pavements and playparks new). I was wondering if you could help me:

1)To find someone to spruce the place up a bit i.e. paint, clean carpets etc

2)My mother-in-law is convinced our flat will sell itself without the cost of an agent, does anyone have any experience of selling without an agent, how to advertise etc or is it just too much of a headache?

Thanks!
Tuesday 6 September 2011 9.29am
Hi
I've left you a private message.
CJG
Tuesday 6 September 2011 10.52am
I used Half a Percent, who were a very handy & comparatively cheap conduit to Rightmove and other portals, without having to pay the usual >1% agents' commission.

You pay about 200 up front for photos, floorplan, 360 tour etc. then do the viewings yourself, which was better than an agent in my opinion. Then, as the name suggests, they take 0.5% of the sale price+vat.

Going live to acceptable offer was about three weeks.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 10.53am
It should be possible to get onto the major portals (rightmove, primelocation, findaproperty) for a fixed fee of about 100; can't help with whom to advertise through, sorry, but I'm sure if you google a bit you'll manage it. No point in advertising your flat any other way (newsagent windows etc.) IMO.

Beware "internet estate agents" that don't actually get you onto the major portals.

Pay for some decent measured floor plans and some decent photographs with a wide-angle lens.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: