Riverside pub for a lunch party?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 September 2011 12.26pm
Can anyone suggest an unpretentious venue for a small (20-30)lunch party in October? We would like a sit-down meal in a private space with easy access to a smokers' area and a view of the river.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 12.35pm
You could ring The Anchor Bankside.

They have a large outdoor area right on the river. I don't know if you can reserve tables - but you can always ask.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 12.36pm
Link here
Tuesday 6 September 2011 1.03pm
I know Browns also have a private space, I've seen them seating people in there for things before. The bar's ok actually, like everywhere down by the river, it can be full of tourists and traders, but because it's at the end of the row of bars, it can be a little quieter.
Pen
Tuesday 6 September 2011 2.05pm
You could also try the Mayflower, they have an upstairs section you could reserve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/may/06/top-10-london-best-pubs
Tuesday 6 September 2011 2.09pm
If it's a weekend you may be able to take over www.thesamuelpepys.co.uk on the north side of Southwark Bridge for your own use - they mention private bookings. No idea about what the food's like but it's not a huge space (so 20-30 would feel comfortable without rattling around) and there's a decent-sized river terrace looking out over Tate Mod and the Globe.

Failing that, the Old Thameside Inn has standard pub grub and might allocate you a section, though it wouldn't be entirely private.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 2.28pm
i am not sure if they do food but the angel down behind the kings stair gardens has a nice room upstairs.

OR the old salt quay on the rotherhithe peninsula is large enough to have people over for food.

Hope you find somewhere and remember to post your feedback on the event!
Tuesday 6 September 2011 2.42pm
On the North side of the Millenium bridge there is a restaurant called Northbank and I think they also do private parties. It has a nice view over the Globe and the Tate Modern.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 3.32pm
Thank you all so much - it's wonderful to get so many suggestions so quickly. Please keep them coming!
We will be checking these venues out over the next few days and will let you know what we decide.
Tuesday 6 September 2011 4.19pm
I'd second The Mayflower for an old London feel.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: