Really early morning taxi to Gatwick from Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 September 2011 12.14am
Sorry if this has been repeated but I need to be at Gatwick at 6am on Sunday and only option is a taxi. I'm based near Stamford St and wanted recommendations for best price taxis from here. Thanks in advance
Thursday 8 September 2011 6.19am
Try Waterloo cars, we use them quite a lot in a business capacity to take our staff home who have worked late and they have always been punctual and the drivers are very friendly and helpful, they should give you a price over the phone but shop about there are other companies in the Waterloo area.
Thursday 8 September 2011 8.36am
I used Addison Lee to get a flight out of Gatwick at 7am a few months back - OK given I have a family etc, and AL always arrive on time, but it did cost north of 90....
Thursday 8 September 2011 9.03am
I would highly recommend Simply Airports. They specialize in Airport drops offs and pick ups. I have been using them for years. I actually booked a cab a few weeks ago from SE1 (Borough) to Gatwick at 5 in the morning and they charged 42. Also from SE1 to Heathrow has cost me as little as 29 (depending which terminal at Heathrow)

Do book in advance and get a quote over the phone... 020 7701 4321 or visit www.simplyairports.co.uk
Thursday 8 September 2011 9.43am
There are a number of other threads on here. Use the search button.
Thursday 8 September 2011 9.51am
I know you say you want a taxi, wondering why if you live at Stamford street.

Trains run from very early morning from London bridge, for about 11 pound return and 45 mins right into station. Surely you could get cab to London bridge, then very easy train ride into the airport is a lot cheaper.

A cab would easily be 50 and you would have to leave alot earlier than getting the train

Just a thought
ADT
Thursday 8 September 2011 10.29am
Silverjam - The trains from London Bridge do that in the week but not for arriving early on a Sunday. Cab to Victoria and then Gatwick express is an option and probably quickest/cheapest, but with baggage it is a bit of a faff.

Lagse1 - http://www.expcar.com/ is worth a look/call. They have a base just off Great Dover Street. Used them for SE1-Heathrow transfers and they were efficient and decent value - 30 I think, although this was a while ago.
Jac
Thursday 8 September 2011 12.59pm
ADT wrote:

Lagse1 - http://www.expcar.com/ is worth a look/call. They have a base just off Great Dover Street. Used them for SE1-Heathrow transfers and they were efficient and decent value - 30 I think, although this was a while ago.

seconded
Thursday 8 September 2011 9.09pm
Happened to need almost exactly the same a few weeks back. Waterloo Cars quoted c.55 and Express National Carriers quoted just under 70. Have used both before and it's not worth the extra 15 unless it's through expenses.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: